1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy near me has a Ruger mk2 with a RPD cobray suppressor built on it. Has snake symbol stamped on it. Does it have any collectable value ? Can't find anything on line about it. Exc plus condition. Value ?

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
I always thought the old sionics stuff was cool. For a long time, you couldn’t give them away. I bought a Double stage .45ACP M10 can years ago off Sturm. $50 brand new in the original cardboard sleeve. The $200 tax was more expensive than the can. They were everywhere and nobody wanted them.
I bet there is a market now based on nostalgia. If it’s cheap, get it. Mine had wipes and wasn’t very quiet. Cans are much better now.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
That is a collector item. $300-$500. Make sure it runs.

Also make sure that you can disassemble it. I have seen one that was never cleaned and could not be disassembled because it was filled with lead and useless.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks really clean, might be able to shoot it in a few weeks and see if I can take it apart. Thanks

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
They're fun. As @Mike Duke said above, there is an increasing nostalgia value to the Cobray and Sionics stuff now.

I don't think they made too many of those Rugers.

·
Shoutbox Messer Upper
2,298 Posts

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I think you misunderstood my last sentence.

When I said "I don't think they made too many of those Rugers" , I was referring specifically to the suppressed upper receiver models modified and sold by Cobray.

Believe me, I know well that the Ruger 22 pistols are a massive seller and have a huge aftermarket following, I have several myself!

·
Shoutbox Messer Upper
2,298 Posts
Believe me, I know well that the Ruger 22 pistols are a massive seller and have a huge aftermarket following, I have several myself!
[/QUOTE]
yeh,, I misunderstood,,, Sorry about that!

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
yeh,, I misunderstood,,, Sorry about that!
[/QUOTE]

No worries! I just didn't want you to think I was a total moron. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts