1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently received an email from Interordnance that they are selling SR-41 receivers for $349 compete with barrel, trunnion, etc.. I have a good condition PPsh41 kit I picked up on the Weaponeer GB. Does anyone know what else you would need to compete this semi build? SKS Internals?
thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,300 Posts
If it's like the PPSH upper I'm just about ready to start a group buy on, you will need to modify the bolt due to the rail, and closed bolt operation and modify the lower for the fire control group.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
sr-71 design

I think it was called a SR-71 and it was and is a piece of c$#@ design. There is a guy out of Texas selling one that uses a spring loaded firing pin instead of the hammer system I do not know how good his is.

·
Premium Member
3,300 Posts
Luke said:
I think it was called a SR-71 and it was and is a piece of c$#@ design. There is a guy out of Texas selling one that uses a spring loaded firing pin instead of the hammer system I do not know how good his is.
Pretty close.. it was the SR-41 made by Blue Ridge and distributed by Interordnance (around 1999 - 2000). Blue Ridge took over manufacturing from AA Arms of Monroe.

There were a lot of Quality issues with the SR41.

Missing parts on Production guns
Drum mag would fall out while firing
The hammer would follow the bolt home, almost all the time (doubling). This required a replacement hammer to correct (modified AK hammer).

There were a number of SR41's returned for repair due to problems.

·
Registered
195 Posts
ppsh41s

I have fired full auto ppsh's and the mags fall out anyway, it kinda sucks when you are new to reenacting and stand up to fire at some russians when you pull the trigger and the drum falls out,:eek: talk about up sh*t creek with a paddle!
Jason D
USAF

·
Registered
749 Posts
I have two receivers inbound from interordanance, they should be here tomorrow, once we have them I can tell you what needs to be done to make it work with the different design. We bought the rights from the designer of the PPNJ-41 "ppsh 41" that military gun supply and wise lite arms are advertising. We are already in production of the semi auto builder kits and are going to sell them directly to the public. All of the parts should be done within two weeks, so you should be able to build away here pretty soon.You will be able to use the Interordnance rec. or a rear reciever section from Prexis and the front half from your parts kit.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Gerry would use a Mp40 or the like. I was thinking Polish or a future communist block country. Or possibly a partisan.
Do Nazi's shoot GI's with Grease guns and A4's in reinacting?
Guys I know who are into it would cringe at the thought.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Soldats LOVED the ppsh41.. thier huge ammo drums and ROF kicked ass over the MP-40s and k98s.

Think of it.. Stalengrad was urban fighting... a long rang rifle (k98) is ineffective and the mp-40 had a slow ROF, but small and light.

Next time there is a living history event in your area go to it.... you will learn tons from dedicated re-enactors.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Damn.

Something else to put on my (way too long) build list.

At Camden MG shoots, the guys from Reelfoot Ordnance have a post PPSh-41. They just dump drum after drum through it. I have a picture somewhere of a solid stream of brass coming out the top of it.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
so.. we are talking captured weapons? I have some friends that want me to participate at Ft. Indiantown Gap. I've considered it but they are into correct uniforms etc. My suggestion was maybe if I was a partisan. They got a laugh out of that.I have enough invested in Korean War-Viet Nam era stuff already.Which is why I traded my unmolested ppsh for more good stuff.

·
Registered
195 Posts
ppsh's and germans

it was a german unit sorry to say, the unit i used to reenact with had alot of russian sub guns for russian fronts and for $20 plus the cost of blanks to play with such a nice peice of history was to hard to pass up. There has been a debate in my unit about doing away with russian guns but everytime the debate comes up out comes photos from our un it on the russian front using them. Also just as a side note i did also reenact GI.
Jason D
USAF

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
That makes sense to me now. Funny how all the GI stuff we played with as kids got expensive. During WWII our farm on Martha's Vineyard was used as a shore watch station and tyhe beach was used for invasion training. The local airport was used for night squadron training. After the war ended they left tons of neat stuff behind. Search lights,do-it-youself erectorset watch towers,helmets, web gear,tools, field phones,WC51,and a experimental DCKW. As kids we were always finding stuff to play with and were never bored.

·
Registered
195 Posts
lucky

You were lucky ouchman all i had was my dads old army uniform from post vietnam to play with. It wasnt till I started reenacting did i get to play with all the fun toys, well i guess now i still get to play with some fun toys but this time get paid! :D
Jason D
USAF

1 - 16 of 16 Posts