1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a couple thousand tracer rounds to reload,just wondering if theres a way to load them so the tracer doesnt light,maybe a certain powder?

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
got a couple thousand tracer rounds to reload,just wondering if theres a way to load them so the tracer doesnt light,maybe a certain powder?
if you load them and fire em they will light up. the heat generate by friction should be enough by itself to light them. if you decide this isnt what you want i will buy some from you..:D

robert

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Tracer rounds/ how not to trace

First question is are these .223 or .308? If .308 delayed trace with the copper seal on the base it would be more challenging. If bare base .223 or .308 with the tracer compound exposed soaking in oil is thought to "kill" the tracer compound. This is second source information and I've not tried it.

From a reloading you might try using the slowest burning powder that will still function in your firearm. Those at KCR selling components have always told me for best results to use a fast burning stick powder, which would suggest trying the opposite approach if you don't want them to light.

Please update this with results if or after you try. Thanks

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
there is not way to make 100% sure they will not light even soaking in oil may not work, If you want ball ammo to reload just trade them to people who want tracers. B2B

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
there is not way to make 100% sure they will not light even soaking in oil may not work, If you want ball ammo to reload just trade them to people who want tracers. B2B
yeah thats right. i will trade some ball for it...:D

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Just remember in some states you can't have them, and you'll have to pay hazardous freight on them to ship... What was really cool was the cavium Green tracers that came in a while back.. they were packed in Ball ammo boxes so you didn't know they were tracers till you opened up the boxes... Fun... like christmas red and green tracers... LOL... B2B

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Tracers

PM sent on trade for ball for the tracer. Have about 1200 fmjbt, that would not mind trading for a few thousand tracers. Just to shoot out of Fals. Thanks, Jerod

1 - 8 of 8 Posts