1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a customer who would like us to broker his 1928 OOW semi-auto belt fed. Looking for an estimated value on it so I can see if his asking price is out of line..
Pictures will follow as soon as I get some forwarded over. This is the list of stuff he has:

1928 Water Cooled Belt Fed in 30-06 by Ohio Ordnance.
Belt Loader in repro transit chest.
Original loader, transit chest.
3 Wooden ammo cans.
Correct tripod.
Inclinometer.
2 steam hoses.
Maxim steam chest
Oil Can.
5each 100 rd belts
5each 225 rd belts
1000 (IZZY) links with 5 starter tabs
manuals gauges
Over 50 additional belts available to buyer (US-100 Rd, Izzy-100 Rd, US 225 Rd)

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
One main question . Is it blued steel and shiny brass or parked ? Blued is worth a lot more due to looks and prep time involved .
Chris

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
The LGS down here sold several parked ones , new , with the '28 tripod , ammo box , water chest , and hose for about that maybe a year or so ago.
Chris

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I understand it is an OOW built gun, not just a side plate.

·
Registered
312 Posts
The LGS down here sold several parked ones , new , with the '28 tripod , ammo box , water chest , and hose for about that maybe a year or so ago.
Chris
The 2 belt loaders should be worth an extra $1600.00 +, I would think, but I am new to this game.
Dan

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
The 2 belt loaders should be worth an extra $1600.00 +, I would think, but I am new to this game.
Dan
I would think the new guy is right. Welcome to the forum Dan.
CaptMax

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As of yet no. He was supposed to send them over last night but nothing just yet. Hopefully he send them over soon.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Hopefully you receive a pic that shows the rear sight leaf well. Depending on when this was built, it might be one I supplied. Can't help but be curious! :D

·
Registered
741 Posts
I'm still kicking myself in the nuts for selling my Allied Armament 1917, and it only cost me $2,650.00!
At least I don't have another son who suddenly decides mid term that he wants to double major in
college!

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
I'm still kicking myself in the nuts for selling my Allied Armament 1917, and it only cost me $2,650.00!
At least I don't have another son who suddenly decides mid term that he wants to double major in
college!
There is an AA 1917A1 at the KCR shop, and I look every year to see if it's still there. It also has one of my rear sights on it, as Allied used them on most of their water cooled builds. They have it priced pretty high, so I think they don't want to sell it, lol. I have to check next month and see, but I think it was in the $5k range at least. Actually, today that's not a bad price, depending on which grade of OBS jacket it has. Can't recall that detail.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Photos and an M3HB CWA added

Here is a link to his photo album of the 1928 and the M3HB he is looking to sell.
http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/Davegot2p/library/1928WC?sort=2&page=1

M3 details

M3HB Belt Fed 50 BMG by CWA (Central Wisconsin Armory). Firearm consists of:
M3HB receiver with retractable charging handle, GI Heavy Barrel with Flash
Hider, UN-Cut M-3 Tripod, Pintle and T&E. Semi Auto. Lower Spade grip is
broken but does not impact function of the firearms.

Included: Over a Dozen Cloth Belts, Over 4,000 metal links (Cardboard box and
40MM Ammo can),
Military issue Blank Firing Adapter WITH Spacer, Current issue military
Hardigg transit case with foam liner, Spare Flash Hider (No Shim), Pull
Through cleaning brush, Cleaning rod, Chamber brush, Barrel Change Mit, Carry
Handle, Five Different manuals, Three head spacing gauges, two timing gauges,
Broken Shell extractor, Four WWII Style ammo cans,
Ammo: 1 each 100 Round case of belted South African Ball, 1 each 90 Round belt
of Talon ball, approximately 40 various loose rounds (Most Talon Ball), 300
rds AP various surplus, Approximately 50 rounds of star crimped blanks.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Price on water cooled?

Let me know what you decide for a price as I may be interested. Been thinking about a water cooled belt fed as it would look good on my gun mount.

Steve

·
Registered
836 Posts
There is an AA 1917A1 at the KCR shop, and I look every year to see if it's still there. It also has one of my rear sights on it, as Allied used them on most of their water cooled builds. They have it priced pretty high, so I think they don't want to sell it, lol. I have to check next month and see, but I think it was in the $5k range at least. Actually, today that's not a bad price, depending on which grade of OBS jacket it has. Can't recall that detail.
Of course now you tell me! I ran out of there after I paid @$10 for a coffee!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts