1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
11,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on putting this up for sale but have no idea how to price this.

any suggestions about price?

2 cut kit and might have some extra overlapping pieces too

·
Registered
240 Posts
Rory... the prices on these kits have gone crazy these past couple of years, especially if the barrel is not demilled and in good shape. The two cut is a plus as well if they didn't cut through the barrel threads. I have seen these actually sell on GB between $900-1500.

Hope this helps.

·
11,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ajm, I think i have a couple front pieces, i will look later.

yeah this kit was not cut through any bad part. I paid more than $1000 for it a few years ago. I was hoping someone was going to tell me that they were $2000 all day long :)

I will try to get some images up this weekend and will post it for sale here first. I will not be selling it at $900

R

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I had a similar kit a while back. I tried getting good money for it but did not have a lot of interest. With cheap semis out there, it drives down the price of nice kits. I think I sold mine to Mike in Vegas for $1k maybe 2 or 3 years back. I would think they have gone up but probably not by a ton like some of the other kits.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
We bought out MGS when they had 10 left. The problem with the DP28 DPM series is getting them built into semi. A quality gun from SMG will bring $4500, but we have found zero quality builders to get these done. In my humble opinion on kits, if it can be built it's value will rise. Kevin

·
11,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was planning on turning it into a postie.
the FA DP28 is so much fun to shoot.

The receiver is begging to be rewelded

r

·
11,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Flem, I will try to get some images this weekend and send them over. Send me your email address.

Rory

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
I was planning on turning it into a postie.
the FA DP28 is so much fun to shoot.

The receiver is begging to be rewelded

r
So, I'm guessing you already have one welded up, or a transferable lying around ?

·
11,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nope. Just drumming up funds for another project. so some things have to go if i like it or not.

r

·
Registered
7 Posts
dpm kits from apex with 3 hole drilled bbls are going for about 550

if the kit has the front section with threads intact thats a plus

depends if its a russian kit or polish. i bought a 1944 russian kit with the old style front section for about 1200 a year or so ago. yymv

they have been making semi versions for a while. i thing smg and project guns do the builds. weapons guild has some good threads.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Rory, if you and Flemgunner don't come to terms shoot a set of pix to me with your price. Drew another elk tag this year, finally, so I hope to be able to sweeten the pot with elk steaks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts