1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering what the going value is for Pre May Dealer Sample Bren Guns these days. Is there a big difference in price between a MK1 Bren and a MK2? I know the L4A2 version is rare and expensive. I am mainly looking at the older .303 guns. I've seen some really over priced guns and some that may be a good deal. I know of a few where the owner was wanting $20k or more but I thought that was a little ridiculous since there are transferrables running around for $26k - $30k. Why would you pay transferrable price for a Pre-sample? From what I have seen the general rule with pre may dealer sample keepers is that they go for around half of what a transferrable goes for. So based on the current rate it would seem the value on these would run $13k to $15k.

There is one I am interested in but the guy doesn't seem to be in a hurry to sell it. I told him I was looking to spend $13k - $14k or I could possibly do a trade. Another gun I want really bad is a M60, but that will have to wait until I build my business up some more. Amother thing I have considered is just buying several M11-9's or Mac 10's and just sitting on them. A third option is to get a Pre may MG3 or MG74 which would be a lot of fun and probably be a better deal than the Bren.

I am curious to hear your guys opinion on the subject. I've been keeping tabs on these since it is one of my dream guns to own. Seems like the price is falling on the Brens, MG08/15, Maxims and the other older guns. From a collector/shooters standpoint this is great because it makes it easier for me to get one of my dream guns for my collection. The businessman in me doesn't like the prospect of possibly losing money on the deal.

Thoughts,

Charles @ Viking Arms

·
11,291 Posts
there have been a few pre may brens come up over the last two years in your price range. that number is likely good.

Rory

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured $18k-$20k was a bit much to be asking for one.

Any ideas on what a pre may keeper mg3 or mg74 are going for?

Thanks

Charles @Viking Arms

1 - 6 of 6 Posts