1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of members here are machinist and have purchased equipment. I have a friend that owns a business and he is losing his property due to a bankrupsy. He has to liquidate all of his tools in his shop before the bank takes it. He has a leblond metal lathe that he wants to sell with a lot of his accessories. He was a furniture maker and used it for wood working mainly. I took a couple of pictures for you guys to see. I'm looking for a ballpark price for this lathe. It is about 7-8 foot long and weighs about 1500lbs. Thank you, Jim.

image.jpg

image.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Hard to say without knowing the machine specs, tooling that goes along with it, condition of the ways, etc. The Aloris type tool post is a nice bonus. With a three jaw and a four jaw chuck and a steady rest and in good condition I'd SWAG it for a quick sale at $1,000 - $1,500.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I'd ask him what he would take for it. He wants to move it before the bank gets it.
In my area any lathe like that , as long as it all works and not beat to He double hockey sticks is worth 800.00 to 1000.00 With a lot of tooling, more.
Value depends on location.
Leblond is a good name in lathes.
Steamer

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Not a real high value lathe, but would serve a hobbyist well.

area of the country is a BIG factor. $500 in Chicago, three times that where none are available.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Since he is involved in a bankruptcy you might want written assurance from the bankruptcy court that the sale is approved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts