1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was in salt mine yesterday and ran across a handful of red original water jacket plugs used on M1917 Browning and 1928 Colt WC guns. They also appear to fit my Vickers also. They are all in poor condition as the red resin like material is either partially missing or broken off completely. The brass portion of the plugs appear to be in good condition. I would appreciate opinions on how much they may be worth each. Once I figure that out i will put some up for sale in the appropriate for sale forum area.

General example of condition:
Electronic component

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
Send them to Lou or Jeff Prater at Iron creations I would bet they could be rebuilt.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Was thinking the same

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Send them to Lou or Jeff Prater at Iron creations I would bet they could be rebuilt.
I did think of that, I know Jeff sells reproductions, they must start with the brass plug and then rivet on the red plastic tops. I am sure the brass piece is the highest cost material item. Perhaps Jeff will see this thread and comment.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
I am sure he could do it and will let him know. Russ

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Jeff makes the entire plug assembly new but IIRC he has helped people out with restoring a plug or twos plastic.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am well aware they can be restored. I am looking for the value as cores, I am not looking to restore them, these are surplus to my needs.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was in salt mine yesterday and ran across a handful of red original water jacket plugs used on M1917 Browning and 1928 Colt WC guns. They also appear to fit my Vickers also. They are all in poor condition as the red resin like material is either partially missing or broken off completely. The brass portion of the plugs appear to be in good condition. I would appreciate opinions on how much they may be worth each. Once I figure that out i will put some up for sale in the appropriate for sale forum area.

General example of condition:
View attachment 17904
As far pricing goes, would $5 each be too high or low? My intention is to sell these in quantity not one-by-one. Opinions on pricing please they would look good sand blasted and tops painted gloss red. :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
As far pricing goes, would $5 each be too high or low? My intention is to sell these in quantity not one-by-one. Opinions on pricing please they would look good sand blasted and tops painted gloss red. :cool:
5-10 each would be in line considering condition let me know what you decide I may take them. Russ

·
Registered
334 Posts
I am interested in the lot also.
Thanks
Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts