1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An older non-PC literate family friend has a few rifles he would like to sell, and has asked me to look into their value. They appear to be in good condition. Here's the list:
1. Turkish Mauser in 8mm - has original, unmodified military stock
2. No. 1 Mk3 Enfield: stock has been "sporterized" for hunting
3. Plainfield M1 Carbine: commercial M1 Carbine clone

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
value 8mm, m1 carbine

I would say for the turkish 8mm $100-$200 area, at least that is what I see them going for and what I have paid for them.
As for the m1 carbine, I guess I cannot give a good value. But does he know what he would want for the carbine, I would be interested. [email protected]

·
Registered
51 Posts
Non-USGI carbines can be had for $300-400. Plainfields are one of the better ones. I got mine for $325. It has the metal ventilated handguard and came with one USGI 30 round mag stamped M2. The barrel and receiver are Plainfield with the balance of parts mostly USGI. It has proven to be a reliable and good shooter.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The #1 mkIII is probably less than $100. Might be worth more broken to pieces if you want to mess with ebay or something like that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Turks can be found in shotgun news for $40-$50, unless it's the older remodified rifle with the arabic writing on the side then they usually go for around $100, the enfield is probably worth $100 or less, as for the plainfield whatever you can get, usually on gunbroker between $250-$350.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts