1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok this is a project that kept getting back burnered for a while now so I finally pulled the trigger on it and here they are. 1917 style high wood grips for the water cooled Browning's. These are all American walnut and the have original escutcheons so you can use your screw for them. I also made them to the more common WWII retaining pin location but also WWI location which is the same as 1928 Colt water cooled. I can ship them with a coat of boiled linseed oil like the ones on the back plate in the pictures. They are 50.00 a set shipped for board members and checks are fine if I have dealt with you before but USPS money orders for others. Thanks, Russ
DSCN6440.jpg DSCN6441.jpg DSCN6443.jpg DSCN6444.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys I am putting the escutcheons in today while at the shop and will get some better pictures up. They were all book matched sets because the devil is in the details.

Just an update on the Book matching, I spent 4 hours trying my best to match them up because the guy that took them off the machine just put them all in one box! My eyes are now wonky at best and I did my best to match them up but some sets are more of a challenge than others when dealing with 100 sets. Needless to say the shop owner that made these was less than impressed with his guys lack of attention on this detail.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Russ,
Those look fantastic!!
Please put me down for two sets and I'll follow up with the details.
Thank you for your efforts!!
Bill

·
Registered
241 Posts
Looks Great, so I couldn't resist put two sets in my newly started pile of parts next to the other pile you get the picture LOL. Once again you do Great work top notch !!! Thanks Again BEERs ARE ON ME, Talk later

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi,
I would like a set too!
email michjulieriwan at sbcglobal.net
I will also send you a PM if I can figure out how to.
I have a 1924, so if you have one set undrillled still that might be good.
Thanks,
Mike Wank

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All PM's replied to and emails sent.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Looks great Russ... and it seems like no one cares about their craftsmanship now a days glad to see you still do... but I expected nothing less haha

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just an update guys, I had so many guys that wanted the WWI/Colt 28 pin location I pulled the trigger on having 50 sets made and I should have them in a couple days. My guy was moving fast on them until Sig put in an order for 12000 grips which trumped my order but they are one if his regular customers. I will add more pictures as soon as I get the new ones.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Hey Russ, received the grips on Friday and they are very nice! Great job. Thanks for taking the time to do these. Will look great on the guns.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts