1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1918 BAR parts kit for sale. I am no expert on these so I will post pictures and you can be the judge of whether the kit is complete or not. I have a Philadelphia Ordnance receiver that comes with it. The receiver will need machine work to make functional but all parts art there for anyone who is willing to take on this build.

I will take $2400 shipped for this kit with receiver. I will take personal checks (will take 4 days to verify funds and ship) or postal money orders. There are no returns so make sure you know what you are getting before you say you'll take it. I double pack and wrap all parts to the best of my ability for smooth shipping.

IMG_6539.jpg IMG_6540.jpg IMG_6541.jpg IMG_6542.jpg IMG_6543.jpg

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe so. At this point it still needs machine work to fit parts in. I know it's a Phil. Ord. I'm just not sure if they just made 80% or if there are other % they did.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After doing more research it is an 80%

I would also be interested in a benelli M4, tavor, or aug in trade.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
I can't say that all the parts are there , but the two M3 greasegun springs should have the assembler scratching his head :tongue:
Chris

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
I can't say that all the parts are there , but the two M3 greasegun springs should have the assembler scratching his head :tongue:
Chris
Oh my! I never would have figured that out. :eek::confused::confused::confused: LMAO!!!!:tongue:

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Does the BAR fire open or closed bolt? (general design question, not asking about the kit...just wondering how easy a semi is)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Original Bar's (full auto) fire open bolt. The ohio ordnance type fire closed bolt. They sell a kit to build your own semi for I think $2300 at Ohio ordnance.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
The two springs in the picture are the recoil spring and the flimsy one is the buffer spring for the speed switch plunger thingy. J

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Wrong two . The L shaped spring steel piece rivets to the front of the reciever and catches the barrel nut grooves ( much like a 1917 / 1919 in practice ) . The round stock made " C " shaped spring with the indents fits in the front end of the reciever just behind the barrel nut . It fits between and into the two rods the bolt rides on locking the back plate , rods , recoil springs , bolt , and front alignment plate into one drop-in ( or out ) assembly .
They are the two items in your first picture , just in front of the recoil spring guide and the handguard heat shield .
Chris

PS . Your kit is now in the proper price range . If I may comment , people will want to know about the shape the bore is in , wear , any pitting , barrel markings / dates , etc. Does it have all the cones and parts in the butt tube ? What does the gas piston measure ? Close ups to see if it is pitted . Is the gas piston rod loose ? It should be -- it finds it's own center via gas pressure while cycling .

You might consider selling the reciever alone if you can find buyers for both . Someone going the OOW route will not need the reciever or the trigger pack .
Good luck , Chris

·
Registered
169 Posts
BAR receiver

I, for one, would be interested in the receiver. If you decide to separate the package, let me know! I have a nice, mostly complete, colt R-75 kit to dummy up on it!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
kits in great shape with little to no pitting. Barrel is shiny and good shape as well. I have it already packed to ship so if you want to message me and we can come to a price for just the receiver then I can ship it to you. My cell phone number is 8167521130

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I'll take it. pm sent

1 - 17 of 17 Posts