1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my semi auto Ohio Ordnance Works 1918A3 SLR BAR. Chambered in 30.06 comes with one 20 round magazine, manual, bipod, fflash hider, and has the upgraded walnut buttstock. Gun has 160 rounds fired out of it. Shoots amazing. Selling to fund a full auto BAR. These haven’t been made for some time and getting harder to get hold of. This one has an original Korean War era barrel. More pics upon request

$7250 OBRO

txt or call (330) 432-459eight

i am a home based FFL so a 4473 background check will be required. Located in Uhrichsville Ohio. I have many references on Sturm and Machine Gun Boards. Also references from Knob Creek in the SubGun Match.

This is on my books and and can be shipped to your FFL if out of state. Not looking for trades, just CASH

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
Why is this still for sale? Just sitting here, teasing me..... Someone please buy this and put me out of my misery. (Try as I might I just can't spend that money now)

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Ya,,, That makes two of us... I remember when that started making them. I always said i wanted one. Just the wrong time. as the story goes.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I waited many years to buy one also. A couple of years ago I told a fellow forum member that if he ever ran across one for sale to let me know. About six months later he called me out of the blue an said he had one and if I was still interested. I said I was and I purchased it at a very fair price... Very fond of it and glad I am a member of this forum as I have bought (and on occasion sold) almost all the guns I own.

·
Premium Member
2,634 Posts
Damn I'm tempted. My father carried one on Shore Party. He had the trigger stick one day while firing off-hand. He was expecting to pop off two, but it emptied the whole magazine. In a light work shirt, that makes for a rather big bruise. MSG

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
SPF to Karl
I wish I had bought one several years ago...

Just before I lost my dad, he finally started talking about Korea. He was a BAR man - target one by the gooks. he told me he could play a tune with it. I know he would have LOVED to shoot one again.

I am currently building a potato digger. With this BAR, I now have at least one of every automatic weapon designed by JMB.

Karl

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Glad it sold. I was tempted too but have tried to make myself stop accumulating stuff that someone else is going to have to deal with at some point. Bought one from another member here back in 2004? Got it, looked good, went straight in the safe. Couple years later money was tight so decided to sell. Posted here and another once real active member (LL) bought it. But as I started to pack it up I ran a swab down the bbl and it was caked w/ rust. Previous owner must have shot corrosive in it and the barrel was a mess. Why I never looked down the barrel when I first received I don't know other than being bogged down in work at the time. Couldn't even remember who seller was by that time and too much time had passed anyway so I told buyer and he agreed to buy at reduced cost. IIRC he said it still shot ok but expensive lesson learned and never made that mistake again.

·
11,839 Posts
I have looked at these for years. Always telling myself that I’d not shoot it that often and save the money fir a Mg instead. I have a premay now, or I would have just gone for it this time. I love shooting the bar, auto or semi. They are the best

·
Registered
173 Posts
I waited so long before buying the one from KKKriverrats because they just seemed so pricey. In retrospect I wish had bought it years ago,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts