1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a JJ Custom LLC single round belt loader for .308 and .3006. My 1919A4 loves links not belts. I am offering this for $250.00 plus shipping. I have both adaptors and instruction booklet.
Thanks,
buttstock

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just did a google search for other options for the JJ Custom single round belt loader and I see your post is from 2008. I have tried to contact this company several times, as all they have is an email address. I have never gotten a response. Do you know where to find these single round belt loaders? My 1919 loves cloth belts but I need a reliable loader. I have an original 1918 loader but it does not work all that well.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I believe JJ Customs dose not make anything anymore...He was a small fab shop with only a few products ….When the kits and ammo dried up so did a lot of the" small run "shops....I am pretty sure I bought my JJ loader from the OP.....It is better /faster then loading by hand but not by much....It take a lot of getting used to...You have to load the rounds by hand as far as you can in the belt , then use the loader to seat the round to the proper depth ….It make loading new belts easer , but with old belts it is faster to load by hand.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’ve been looking as well. I have belts that haven’t been loaded before and have a touch of arthritis so I rather use a loader. Other than a 1918 style loader, what is available?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 1918 loader in pretty good shape. It loads live ammo but I am using .308. The 1918 loader does not like .308 very much and it was easier to load them by hand. Also, the 1918 loader does not work for blanks. You have to have the finer tip of a live round or have extra long pointed blanks for them to work in the 1918 loader. Seating blanks by hand is tough to do unless you get new, out of the box, clean ammo. This is where I feel the JJ single round loader will help.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
OP means , Original Poster...Or the guy who started the FS thread...I believe I bought the one in this thread...It was a long time ago...Back when I wanted to buy one from JJ he was no longer selling them or was out of stock...So when this one came up I jumped...Second hand is the only way to find these...Not ready to give mine up yet because I am getting ready to have Greaser build a hand select 30-06 kit for me and it will never see links , and I have about a dozen new belts to load up for this gun...Good luck on your mission!

·
BeltFed GURU
4,231 Posts
I have heard about what happened to JJCustom .......Here is the source for what his single loader was made out of
You need the proper sized nut sawed in half with a down clamp and a little base with each half welded to the clamp and base to to trap the belt between them and a push type to insert the round it is not rocket science .........if an owner of one will post a picture/s you will see and know exactly what you need and you can find both toggle clamps at the link ..... I will not manufacture them out of respect but you can make your own as a one off for not a lot of money and he will not care !!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts