1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Whats the real deal here??

This same pic is on 3 different sites with 3 different prices.

I see a couple of those are older posts and a higher price.

Your explanation below seems too clear up my concern.

Thank You

There has been a series of bad ads in the past few months .

Your price is good...it should be gone shortly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My pic, but it sure as hell isn't me that placed that ad. I'm not on armslist and I'm 2000 miles from Phoenix.

·
Registered
7,891 Posts
Gents it is a well known fact that Arms-list is a predators playground and it would behoove everyone NOT to trust anything there......

Seriously - I wouldn't buy a box of matches off of Arms-list.,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gents it is a well known fact that Arms-list is a predators playground and it would behoove everyone NOT to trust anything there......

Exactly. Armslist is the candy van of the gun world.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I will take it
Send an email to dan at inlandmachine dot com w/ a fresh picture, different background, of the loader that includes a piece of paper with my email address on it.
Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I see you have no profile here. It would help me to know a bit about you. What is your physical location where this loader is, if it's still for sale? We could arrange shipping options.

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
334 Posts
I need to start off by apologizing to Jeff (fisticuffs) for not clearing his good name earlier. I have been out of town and so much time has passed, well I just didn't do it, so now is the time.
My transaction with fisticuffs was a first class, easy, and honest affair. He sent me the pictures (w/ my email address on a piece of paper under the loader itself) I requested in a very prompt manner. After the payment was made he packed the loader very well, and shipped the next day. He even ate part of the shipping due to my estimate was a little short.
I have nothing but good things to say about fisticuffs, I wouldn't hesitate to do another deal w/ him.

As for the lowlife scammer, who is trying to sell my loader. It would be best to stay out of Huffman, Texas. The Manassas Battlefields probably won't be such a good place to hide either.

I also want to publicly thank Gary (GWR1). It is people like him that make this such a great forum.

I want to thank everybody for their time.
Dan Massey

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts

Exactly. Armslist is the candy van of the gun world.

That's funny. A few years back, a pic from my website, showing part of my inventory of water cooled top latches, appeared in someone else's ad. I can't remember if it was armslist or not, but I contacted the seller and politely, but firmly requested he drop my photo. He did, and apologized. Never knew if he was a sham or just too lazy to take his own pic.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I need to start off by apologizing to Jeff (fisticuffs) for not clearing his good name earlier. I have been out of town and so much time has passed, well I just didn't do it, so now is the time.
My transaction with fisticuffs was a first class, easy, and honest affair. He sent me the pictures (w/ my email address on a piece of paper under the loader itself) I requested in a very prompt manner. After the payment was made he packed the loader very well, and shipped the next day. He even ate part of the shipping due to my estimate was a little short.
I have nothing but good things to say about fisticuffs, I wouldn't hesitate to do another deal w/ him.

As for the lowlife scammer, who is trying to sell my loader. It would be best to stay out of Huffman, Texas. The Manassas Battlefields probably won't be such a good place to hide either.

I also want to publicly thank Gary (GWR1). It is people like him that make this such a great forum.

I want to thank everybody for their time.
Dan Massey
Thanks, Dan. It was an easy transaction from your end also - quick pay, no fuss, no muss.

As for the scammers, I don't know what to do about these kinds of assholes. Once you put a pic on the internet, its pretty much there forever and available for anyone to use (or misuse). I really like your idea of requesting a pic with a piece of paper with the buyer's name and email on it, and I'll probably make that SOP when I buy in the future.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've had similar problems in the past and felt for those getting ripped off.

I think in your case, the scammers name is Eugene. Here is his picture:

DaveB

1 - 17 of 17 Posts