1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WTS: 1919 Dual Feed Lost My Mind Sale!

1919A4 Dual Feed setup. Need to move this old girl to make room for some other guns. $2600 shipped. SPF

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
...yummy...!!!

Wish this was a WW1 Vickers....LOL. Nice set-up. Does that include the tripod,T&E and pintle...? Had to ask....

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Just to point out that this is build on a Dual Feed conversion parts set I supplied to the original customer, and built by said customer. He is a first class machinist and built a number of Brownings, including an M37 or two. This is a well built, solid gun. It is an absolute steal at this price. I retailed these, new built in my shop, at $4k, and that is probably low today, given the scarcity of the Dual Feed parts. I only have the ability to build a small number of these before the stores run dry. Someone- GRAB THIS!!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your input lucky. I probably should have mention that. Gun is well built for sure. Gentleman takes his time building anything he builds.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
For what it's worth I know the builder as well and his work is top notch! This is a steal at that price so I doubt it will last long.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
...tempting...

If I did not already have one of Lucky's earliest dual-feed 1917A1's,I'd be looking to buy this 1919a4. Good question though...how many dual-feeds are out there...1917A1's and 1919A4's....?

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
If I did not already have one of Lucky's earliest dual-feed 1917A1's,I'd be looking to buy this 1919a4. Good question though...how many dual-feeds are out there...1917A1's and 1919A4's....?
There are maybe ten of the Dual Feed guns that either I have built, or privately built where I made the special components available to good friends who were part of helping me get started in the business. I never offered a Dual Feed conversion kit for general sale, as there is no money to be made that way. But the original owner of this gun helped me out a lot, as have a couple of others that earned much gratitude for their support. I have parts to build 10-15 more, eventually. But I am not planning on doing any for a while, with other projects taking priority. There are your M37s out there, but these Dual Feed "hybrid" guns are unique. And Len, your 1917A1 Dual Feed is the only other one built besides my personal one, and the only one that is blued.

While I know Jared has hidden the serial number in the pics, the ones we made that were not part of my own production had a different serial range, as I reserved the first ten in the sequence and those are not all used up yet. That's before I found more needed components, and so I will eventually have to add another number sequence. Ten was all I expected to make when this began, and now it looks like 20 is about where all versions will total up, give or take.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
...wow...!!!

Lucky....Thank you for the historical aspect about my particular 1917A1. I've always known it was a special piece...and was very pleased to get it. Even my wife...who will not allow tripod-mounted display's in HER living room (...I call it the PARLOR),allowed me to display the 1917A1 when I got it. The bluing and shined up brass were just so pretty...LOL.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We have lost our minds, M1919A4 dual feed $2600 shipped. This is your only chance to snag one of these excellent guns at rock bottom pricing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If this is still available please email me at d and j holt at yahoo dot com (no spaces) I honestly hope its sold already. I'm still too new on the site for private messages. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Nice buy... That is a sweet gun.

Had I not bought one last year ( similar) I'd have jumped on this.

You will be very happy with the quality of this weapon.

Dan in Oregon

1 - 20 of 26 Posts