1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few sections of right side plates to sell and thought they might make good paperweights. Or just nice to have around to inspect for marking freaks, like myself. All are approximately 5" long and include all the nice, clear original markings. These were the remnants from a batch of parts kits that came in from Israel about 20 years ago and all will show some evidence of the Hebrew proof mark in addition to the U.S. markings.

One of these was a RIA rebuild into an M1919A4E1 tank gun with additional EB and FK proofs and the others are straight ABQ inspected A4s. Price is $20 each and $5 for Priority Mail delivery for one or more of them. There will be a few interesting ones like Buffalo Arms, Border Cities LTD, ones converted to 1919A4 from Westinghouse and Remington M1917s, etc. but only a couple of each. They will be $30 each once I've had the time to dig them out and clean them up.

Thanks, Rick

PICT0003.JPG

·
Premium Member
6,060 Posts
I will take the tank gun plate if not spoken for yet. Russ

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I'm in for some, trying to decide how many ;)

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I'd like a Remington or Westinghouse if you have one left. PM sent.

·
Premium Member
6,060 Posts
We need pictures of these regardless of who gets them to see what they are and the serial numbers and markings as we are all into that stuff weather or not some admit it :tongue:
I take the SG plate in the upper right corner as well. Russ

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Rick, I'd take a BCI and a Remington, if and when still available.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Interested in a Westinghouse or RIA if and when you dig them out, just let me know.
Thanks, CaptMax

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the enthusiastic responses to my ad. In hindsight, I probably should not have posted this at the beginning of a busy work week of 10 hour days. That said, please be patient and I WILL work through your requests in the order received.

Rick

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Thanks for all the enthusiastic responses to my ad. In hindsight, I probably should not have posted this at the beginning of a busy work week of 10 hour days. That said, please be patient and I WILL work through your requests in the order received.

Rick

That's cool. I do it too. It's almost like a relief from the grind- make somebody else happy, give yourself a lift. Then you realize what you did to yourself.

LOL. On a somewhat related note: I watched a chick flick with the missus last night. An old vet farmer finds a homeless kid asleep in his garage. In what most of us would recognize, the guy pisses and moans to himself about what he's getting himself into as he does the right thing and gives the kid a cot and water and tells him he can stay. Been there? Done that? You know you won't take the easy way out, instead you'll do the right thing, though you know it's going to be a PITA.

Just don't forget my BA!

·
Premium Member
6,060 Posts
I know there are a few of us with these so once this thread has run it's course and they have all been delivered how about we start an engraving sticky and we all post pictures up here of our plate chunks. These are a great reference tool and it seems we learn something new every time they surface so keep them coming and lets document them here for all to see. What do you think?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I know there are a few of us with these so once this thread has run it's course and they have all been delivered how about we start an engraving sticky and we all post pictures up here of our plate chunks. These are a great reference tool and it seems we learn something new every time they surface so keep them coming and lets document them here for all to see. What do you think?
I was thinking about that, in a way. Would be cool to show what we do with them. I was thinking maybe a Big Dawg type necklace like Flavor Flav or a big ol' cowboy belt buckle.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts