1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Offered is only one USGI .30-06 1919A5 complete parts set, minus right side plate. The A5 version was a vehicle or wing gun, thus has no front or rear sights, rear sight bracket or grip style backplate. All USGI in VGC overall. Parts are marked as follows:Saginaw gear bottom plate, Border Citys Top cover latch, Ord bomb with "P" on top plate, Saginaw Gear .30-06 Bbl with bright bore, Saginaw gear bolt and extractor, Bbl extension marked "P", vertical slanted buffer. The bbl jacket has two retaining screw holes. Overall, the parts retain 50%+ of their original finish. This can be converted to a ground gun with sights, bracket and grip for an additional $75.00. $800.00 plus S&H. Sorry for the small pics, I can email larger images.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Still for sale???

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
lol i didnt even look at the post date :eek:

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Worth a shot.

Any A5 parts left???

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aaron, in a nutshell no. No A5 parts sets or individual parts are being offered from any vendors that I know of. For those that may be curious as the what the difference's are I'll state the following based upon my observations of parts sets.
Starting at the front of the weapon and working back:
Tapered "cone" shaped barrel bearing/booster. Indicative of an A5, but not always the case. 80% examined had the typical two piece booster.
No front sight.
Unique top cover hinge assy, no hold open detent.
No rear sight bracket or sight. Most examined had the rivet holes for attaching the bracket open, few were filled.
Rear remote retractor for the bolt attached to the RSP, two styles observed.
Vertical buffer, no pistol grip.
These are just my observations on replacement parts sets imported years ago, opinions may vary.
FWIW,
Dan

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
BMG parts has A5 boosters in stock. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts