1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hard to find very early (1939 dated) WWII War Department marked (WD and broad arrow) petrol can most often used as a water condensing can by Vickers MG's.

This can is very solid (will hold water) and has interesting (unit?) markings painted on it. being 81 years old it does have some dents on it.

$150 plus actual shipping.

First "I will take it" followed by a PM gets it. Please ask any questions BEFORE you say you will take it.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Still reeling over missing the Vickers box...LOL. Believe the 'petrol' cans were also used in WW!...? A dated one like that is too new for my WW1 cart display.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
That is a great can redroth I am surprised it did not sell yet.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I’ve got a nice WWII dated water chest but I like the markings on this one better.
Must resist......:censored:

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
I’ve got a nice WWII dated water chest but I like the markings on this one better.
Must resist......:censored:
Good luck with that I keep trying but keep coming back to look at it.

·
BeltFed GURU
4,277 Posts
You will be ASSIMILATED MUW HAHAHAHA hahahahahahaha !!

CaptMax , my "Little Monster" just committed and act of Revenge got on my desk pulled selected pieces off and shredded a SG catalogue for the garbage the stuff of the desk he only threw off and did not shred it ,sneaky there was almost no sign he had been on the desk so careful he is ....... Bird brain my butt !!!!

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
You will be ASSIMILATED MUW HAHAHAHA hahahahahahaha !!

CaptMax , my "Little Monster" just committed and act of Revenge got on my desk pulled selected pieces off and shredded a SG catalogue for the garbage the stuff of the desk he only threw off and did not shred it ,sneaky there was almost no sign he had been on the desk so careful he is ....... Bird brain my butt !!!!

What the heck? o_O

·
BeltFed GURU
4,277 Posts
Mr.Maim,
I suspect one will no longer be able to Resist .....

I know a hell of a lot of shooters and gunsmith`s who chose to live with members of the Parrot/Macaw family . Hey loud noises don`t bother us one of our top smiths lives with Macaw just like CaptMax and i do . What most do not know is they Do hold Grudges for a Long time and when Slighted in their judgement they Plan their Revenge ,Commit it and try to Cover most of these Acts "What Me ?" !!
It is easy to pull out a keyboard and strip it clean but to try to push it back into place to cover what he had done and just a corner peeking out gave him away !! Pull a single Shotgun news out of the middle of a 2' stack and leave no disturbance of anything on a cluttered desk ....... That takes a High level of cognition and consequences !!!
I know his girl has done something similar to him more than a few times .............

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Mr.Maim,
I suspect one will no longer be able to Resist .....

I know a hell of a lot of shooters and gunsmith`s who chose to live with members of the Parrot/Macaw family . Hey loud noises don`t bother us one of our top smiths lives with Macaw just like CaptMax and i do . What most do not know is they Do hold Grudges for a Long time and when Slighted in their judgement they Plan their Revenge ,Commit it and try to Cover most of these Acts "What Me ?" !!
It is easy to pull out a keyboard and strip it clean but to try to push it back into place to cover what he had done and just a corner peeking out gave him away !! Pull a single Shotgun news out of the middle of a 2' stack and leave no disturbance of anything on a cluttered desk ....... That takes a High level of cognition and consequences !!!
I know his girl has done something similar to him more than a few times .............

Ah, in that context I now understand.

If one were to read your post without the knowledge that you're talking about a pet or a child (like I did)... it's really a head-scratcher. ;)

Let's not continue to clutter up @redroth 's for sale thread. Sorry @redroth

1 - 12 of 12 Posts