1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gun Gun barrel Air gun Auto part Tool accessory Tool Auto part Machine tool Machine Firearm Air gun Trigger Machine Gun Revolver Trigger Metal Gun Revolver Trigger Metal Technology Electronic device Hey guys i'm still tunneling through the cave and decided to sell a pair of very rare Hotchkiss kits. Kit#1 is a model 1900 with a SINGLE DIGIT SN# and may be the the earliest mod 1900 left in the world and it has all matching #'s! This gun has the cannon style barrel with out a flash hider. The receiver on kit 1 also has a presentation plaque "DONATED BY THE REPUBLIC OF FRANCE" This kit is in 8MM Lebel. This is a SUPER NICE and VERY RARE kit! I have been told that Lebel feed strips will take 7.62X54R with out any modification for a caliber conversion. Kit #2 is a model 1914 in 7MM i think, but i'm not sure, its definitely not a rimed type case. All the writing is in french and not Jap or something like that. the reason i'm selling the 2 kits together is i am missing a cocking "handle, feed tray, and ejector" those 3 parts interchange between the Mod 1900 and Mod 1914. These are truly unique and beautiful if you had to describe them. The best feature of these 2 kits is they are both "SAW CUT"!! Easily made into Post samples, Semi autos or Very Unique museum pieces for the Man Cave!! Because there seems to be more tripods than guns i will be offering A BEAUTIFUL "Cleveland" tripod, tools, 80 feed strips and 4 or 500 rnds of 8MM Lebel separately. These guns are BIG and HEAVY, I just thought would run this by the forum before i put them on G.B. These are not cheep but also very rare and not something you see every day. having trouble with my I phone camera. I will put pics up soon if there is any real interest ;);););) i may be open to partial trades but am looking mostly for cash.....Thanks for looking!!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I would be super interested in this. Do you want to post pics? If you'd rather email them. PM me your email address.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wts rare hotchkiss kits

View attachment 17754 View attachment 17749 View attachment 17750 View attachment 17751 View attachment 17752 View attachment 17752 View attachment 17753 Hey guys i'm still tunneling through the cave and decided to sell a pair of very rare Hotchkiss kits. Kit#1 is a model 1900 with a SINGLE DIGIT SN# and may be the the earliest mod 1900 left in the world and it has all matching #'s! This gun has the cannon style barrel with out a flash hider. The receiver on kit 1 also has a presentation plaque "DONATED BY THE REPUBLIC OF FRANCE" This kit is in 8MM Lebel. This is a SUPER NICE and VERY RARE kit! I have been told that Lebel feed strips will take 7.62X54R with out any modification for a caliber conversion. Kit #2 is a model 1914 in 7MM i think, but i'm not sure, its definitely not a rimed type case. All the writing is in french and not Jap or something like that. the reason i'm selling the 2 kits together is i am missing a cocking "handle, feed tray, and ejector" those 3 parts interchange between the Mod 1900 and Mod 1914. These are truly unique and beautiful if you had to describe them. The best feature of these 2 kits is they are both "SAW CUT"!! Easily made into Post samples, Semi autos or Very Unique museum pieces for the Man Cave!! Because there seems to be more tripods than guns i will be offering A BEAUTIFUL "Cleveland" tripod, tools, 80 feed strips and 4 or 500 rnds of 8MM Lebel separately. These guns are BIG and HEAVY, I just thought would run this by the forum before i put them on G.B. These are not cheep but also very rare and not something you see every day. having trouble with my I phone camera. I will put pics up soon if there is any real interest ;);););) i may be open to partial trades but am looking mostly for cash.....Thanks for looking!!
I will try to get better pics of this stuff, camera not working

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I don't know much about Hotchkiss guns but those are some superb looking kits. I am going to guess that the person who bought them is going to be very pleased with these WWI era kits.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Yes, some of the items in Uzi's "cave" have not seen the light of day in decades.
His stuff is always top notch and you cant find a more honest guy to do business with. :thumbup:
CaptMax

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Nice to see the early Hotchkiss kit. Having noted the seller's comment about using 8 Lebel strips for converting to 54R, it is fair to point out that neither 8mm or 7mm barrels are suitable for that caliber, so sleeving either barrel would be required. The 8 Lebel feedtray will handle the 54r, the 7mm will not, and the feed ramp in the inside of the receiver will require modification for proper feeding of the 54r round, which is not an easy task to get correct. While the 8 Lebel strips will handle the 54r, all the other necessary parts and modifications make it a very difficult conversion.
The only barrels suitable to rechamber to 54r are the 7.65 barrels, of which only a couple have ever shown up in the US and none can be imported any more.
The 7mm cartridge is available and is excellent for use in the 7mm Hotchkiss guns using T92 Japanese strips. The large quantity of cheap 7mm are gone but there is still its left in private stores.
FWIW

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Yes, some of the items in Uzi's "cave" have not seen the light of day in decades.
His stuff is always top notch and you cant find a more honest guy to do business with. :thumbup:
CaptMax
+1 on what you said, Uzi is a very nice person to deal with and the stuff in his cave is pretty amazing.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Only problem with having friends like Uzi and Redroth is keeping any money in your wallet. :rofl:
Talk about having fun shopping, you never have trouble finding something you like!!!
CaptMax

·
Registered
739 Posts
I'm always curious about guns with presentation plaques. I wonder if the "gift" marked gun was a museum piece that got chopped, or something else. Could you post a photo of the tag?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Are there other receiver parts? I only see the part of the rear right side of the 1900 receiver in the pics.

Thank you.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wts rare hotchkiss kits

Are there other receiver parts? I only see the part of the rear right side of the 1900 receiver in the pics.

Thank you.
Yes I have the receiver pieces for both kits, one has the brass case deflector, the other is steel. The receivers are big and heavy. i will have to get them down out of a crate. I was just looking to see if there was interest in these kits here on the forum. I will also be selling an extra nice Cleveland mount and allot ff extras for the big guns too.:D:D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks for responding on the receiver parts. I would be interested in the xtras too - looking for the large barrel changing wrench

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wts rare hotchkiss kits 5k

If anyone is seriously interested in the Hotchkiss kits please P.M. me...:confused::confused: Thanks for looking.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts