1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WTS 30-06 tracer & ball
Updated on 07 / 01 / 2020

I have thousands of rounds of ammo and projectiles for sale . The ammo is in Yuma , Arizona and I can arrange pick up at any day and time . The 30-06 is factory loads and surefire , but it's been years since I've fired the tracer , but they lit back then . All has been stored indoors and under A/C since I've had it . There is a place in the desert about 12 miles away if you want to test a few .
Each box refers to a M9 ammo can of 250 rounds unless noted .
On strippers means on F/N stripper clips which work on F/N guns , US Springfields and Enfields and belt loader towers . Included at no extra charge .

List of 30-06 tracer :

59 F/N long burn -- 6 boxes ( 1 on clips ) plus 1 box of 134

65 F/N long burn -- 2 boxes plus 1 box of 170 .

69 F/N regular burn -- 7 boxes on clips .

71 F/N regular burn -- 1 box plus 1 box of 246

Total of 4,550 by my count . Asking $125 a can ( .50 per round )

List of 30-06 Ball :

Taiwan 60A ball -- 13 cans plus 1 can of 111 rounds ( . 50 per round )

FNM ( Hanson ) -- 21 cans of 192rds on Garand clips plus 1 of 88 ( .80 per round ) .

Thanks for looking ,
Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
Questions

Are you willing to bring the 30.06 ammo I would buy and pay for, to the SAR show in December? Also is the 2750 belted 4:1 AP/Tracer all non-corrosive or is some corrosive and some non-corrosive?

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The belted ammo is 59 F/N non corrosive AP with 57 corrosive F/N tracer .

I ride to the SAR every year with a friend . He is thinking about not going this year as money is short and he's really not looking for anything special .
I would guess it would be based on how much you wanted . I could rent a u-haul and take it up there if we are talking about all or most of it . It would not be worth it for a few cans ( unless my friend decides to go ) . I have checked UPS prices , but they are ridiculous ( around $70 for 4 cans to Idaho , IIRC ) .
I am ready to do anything practical to help load , box or ship out these as my health will allow .
Thanks , Chris

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Talon is tracer .

Once I'm paid It'll cost nothing to store it under my A/C as long as we are talking a few weeks / months ( not years ) . Kinda skittish on this point as I sold a .50cal AR upper to a guy - sent me cash / paid in full - and asked me to hold it for a few weeks while he was out of town - now into 9 or 10 months and he won't return my calls nor has he been on the boards .Hope to hear from him soon .
Chris

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My friend just confirmed that , barring the unseen , he will be going to SAR on Sat . We are currently going in a 1/2 ton Suburban so I can take 3 dozen or so cans . More than that and I'll rent something bigger .
Free Delivery to SAR Sat. morning .

Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
Will Buy 30.06 Ammo At The SAR Show Saturday Morning

I will take the following ammo

69 F/N non-corrosive std burn ---3 boxes / 250rds each / loose 750 rounds

71 F/N non-corrosive std burn --- 3 boxes / 250rds each / bagged 750 rounds

Armor Piercing 30-06 :

59 F/N non-corrosive ---11 boxes / 250 rds each / loose---total 2,750 rounds

Total of 17 boxes, 4250 rounds which should be $2125.00 in cash at the SAR show. I don't want to post my contact info and I am not sure of the best way to get my phone number to you so we can make contact.

Mickey

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You've got them .
You can contact me at work at 928 DASH 783 DASH 0113 m-f 9-5
Thanks , Chris

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just a bump up .
It's getting close to the cut off to order for free delivery to SAR .
Right now it can fit in the truck I'm taking , but a large order or the M3A4 cart might require me to rent one .
Thanks , Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks For Delivering The Ammo

Chris,

It was nice to meet you on Saturday and thanks for bringing the ammo to the SAR show. Hope your truck got you back home.

Mickey

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks , it was nice to meet you , too. Got back fine , but boy did the truck get washed . Rained good to Gila Bend , then just dumped all the way to Yuma .
Chris

·
Registered
734 Posts
Chris, have any AP projos or ammo left? I might be able to stop by your shop tomorrow morning depending on work.

Is there a gun show in Yuma this coming weekend? That might be a better option if you have a table setup.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well , yes and no . I have the 11 cans of 4 AP / 1 tracer . The AP is N/C FN59 like the rest were , but the tracer is 57 corrosive long burn . I can tear it down if you just want the AP , just let me know so I can do it today
Yes , there is a new show on Sat , but I don't have a table , but I will be in town so we could meet there or at my shop .
I prob'ly have even more than the 11 cans in my M1A1 can pile ( these are in the M9 can pile ) , but I'll have to unbelt those , too .

Chris

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well , I broke down the 11 cans of belted AP / tracer . I now have 8 cans of 250rds each of 58 /59 /61 F/N non-corrosive loose mix added to the list .
Thanks , Chris

1 - 20 of 31 Posts