1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
...at Indy...

Just got back from a large gun show in Indy...the Indy 1500. Saw several .50 BMG original slap rds for $8-$12.00 for complete rds. Might be interested in the projo's...

·
Registered
761 Posts
Definitely, I doubt these were ever assembled. The SLAP projos look like newer ones, the ones from the 80's have a darker Amber color.

The brass is WCC 10 with the tar sealant that has a coating over it. Probably to let the SLAP projos release from the brass.

·
12,509 Posts
Just got back from a large gun show in Indy...the Indy 1500. Saw several .50 BMG original slap rds for $8-$12.00 for complete rds. Might be interested in the projo's...
at $8 you passed up on a great deal and should have purchased all of them.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The last Loaded SLAP rds I had sold for $45 each,

I have more of these ProJos for sale, your choice std or tracers. $15 each. Recent production, not 20 year old brittle sabots. The SLAP program is officially over and no new slap is being produced.

As mentioned above these are new, never loaded, correct sabot with aluminum driving disk, keyed to the projectile.

·
Registered
761 Posts
DON'T try to load these, you need a special die to seat and crimp properly. You could end up ruining the projo and the brass.

Definitely buy a loaded one, you can find them for good prices if you shop around.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts