1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a .308 Austrian Steyr StG58 built on a DSA type 2 receiver. It was built from a top quality matching numbers kit purchased from DSA many years ago. It will come with both a 30 round and a 20 round mag. It also has the correct (ie; hard to find) sling included. Less than 50 rounds fired since it was built, but there are a couple small brass marks on the receiver from doing so. The Steyr barrel was new when built. It is one of the most accurate rifles I own. I am looking to get $1300 shipped to your FFL. This price is not negotiable as it cost me more than this to build it. Payment by discreet PP or USPS money order. No shipping to places where this is banned, all federal, state, and local laws apply. Buyer will receive a tracking number once it is shipped. I will need to send this through an FFL and will need a FFL file copy in order to do so. Please post "I'll take it" followed by a PM. I will respond back. I have a build manual and some extra parts for this and will included them with the purchase. This is cross listed on another forum so if it sells there first I will pull this listing here.
CaptMax

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
How can you bear to part with this beauty?

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How can you bear to part with this beauty?
If it were not for wanting to purchase parts for my armored scout car I would never sell it Karl.
I know I can not replace the StG as even DSA's are using bottom of the barrel kits to build theirs these days. At the time I built this it was a 4 month wait just for a receiver, all the Imbels were gone at that time.
The Styer barreled StG's are the most accurate FAL's out there too. I do hate to part with it but selling it is better than selling a belt fed gun.:rolleyes:
CaptMax

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
Superb rifle, and if it is coming from Captmax's collection I am positive it is a beauty. I would buy it in a minute if we could own in California.
If my bride and I had not just started home renovations, I'd be all over this. I've got a similar STG but with a wood butt stock and matching FN barrel, lower, bolt, and carrier. Excellent gun. Lots of fun. Please someone, buy this!

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the nice comments. Yes I hate selling anything but I want to see this Ferret completed ASAP.
I only need minor items for it (paint, exhaust parts, filters, ect) but they do add up.
Yes this is a super nice rifle that I hope someone will cherish as much as I did.
Bump, CaptMax

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
I'm at 30,000 feet flying to Phoenix and this is still here! I am destine for a divorce. Oh God, if the Bride finds out what I am about to do. Lord please give me the strength not to do this. Please. I'll take it on one condition. That I can get a ride in your Ferret if I ever get to where you live.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I'm at 30,000 feet flying to Phoenix and this is still here! I am destine for a divorce. Oh God, if the Bride finds out what I am about to do. Lord please give me the strength not to do this. Please. I'll take it on one condition. That I can get a ride in your Ferret if I ever get to where you live.
Brilliant negotiation!

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
I sure hope you're in an airplane. I know oxygen is low at 30K if you're outside. :)

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sure I'll give you a ride in the ferret OldSoldier, just bring along your oxygen.:rofl:
CaptMax
But do send me a PM if your serious. :eek:

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
There are a lot of keyboards with slobber on them

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SPF's
:thumbup:
CaptMax

·
Premium Member
6,044 Posts
Sure I'll give you a ride in the ferret OldSoldier, just bring along your oxygen.:rofl:
CaptMax
But do send me a PM if your serious. :eek:
Might just as well keep the gun there Captmax as he may be living in the Ferret from the sounds of what his wife will do when she finds out :tongue: Good luck brother an nice score I love my STG58 and won't part with it.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
I gave this one some thought myself, but I already have an L1A1, and it hardly ever gets shot. I prefer the M14 clones over these.

Still.....................nothing wrong with a good STG. I remained strong and held off.

Oh well.........(sigh)

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Might just as well keep the gun there Captmax as he may be living in the Ferret from the sounds of what his wife will do when she finds out :tongue: Good luck brother an nice score I love my STG58 and won't part with it.
Well it will be crowded in there toolman203, that might be where I'm living after my wife finds out I have it. :eek:
CaptMax

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
Well it will be crowded in there toolman203, that might be where I'm living after my wife finds out I have it. :eek:
CaptMax
Wait a minute, your spouse doesn't know about the Ferret? This is not the kind of item that is easily overlooked. This takes the audacity of saying "It's not new, I've had this sitting around for a long time" to a whole new level of deception.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Freind bought my Bantam trailer, helped him wheel it into his basement and place canvas over it. He was hoping she wouldnt notice for a while and get used to it sitting in a corner. She complained he had too many Green things around.....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts