1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Silly question but why demill a tripod? Not like it can do any harm to anyone unless you dropped it on their foot.:rofl:
I assume it was imported and that is why?
CaptMax

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, doesn't make sense to me either. I don't know anything about where they came from. I got it from sarco. Seems like a hell of a lot of work for not much return.

Silly question but why demill a tripod? Not like it can do any harm to anyone unless you dropped it on their foot.:rofl:
I assume it was imported and that is why?
CaptMax

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I restored one of these. It wasn't the hardest thing I ever did, and it works like a champ. Looks good too, at least to me. I think they are great for folks on a budget who have access to the equipment to rebuild then. With my wife, and three kids... Mostly the wife... There is no way I'd ever be able to buy a $1k tripod without a payment plan. I wish I had bought three or four of those demil kits when I bought mine. I could have rebuilt and sold them for $500-$600 and made enough to have paid for mine.
As I have said many times on here before, what I lack in finances, I make up for in enthusiasm, creativity, and the willingness to build something.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That was my plan until OOW came out with those scratch and dent ones. I still wouldn't have minded trying my hand at putting this one back together, but I could use the $$ more right now. Then there is the time issue and the more important projects.

I restored one of these. It wasn't the hardest thing I ever did, and it works like a champ. Looks good too, at least to me. I think they are great for folks on a budget who have access to the equipment to rebuild then. With my wife, and three kids... Mostly the wife... There is no way I'd ever be able to buy a $1k tripod without a payment plan. I wish I had bought three or four of those demil kits when I bought mine. I could have rebuilt and sold them for $500-$600 and made enough to have paid for mine.
As I have said many times on here before, what I lack in finances, I make up for in enthusiasm, creativity, and the willingness to build something.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts