1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, have for sale the following:

Dummy SMG Beretta MP 38/44, fluted bbl version with original leather sling and one mag, IMA sells later vintage smooth bbl version for $199 without sling. This one is $200 shipped to lower 48.

Dummy SMG Beretta MP 38, the earlier version with metal shroud over bbl, much beefier than the later ones, with one mag and original leather sling, $230 shipped to lower 48.

Both these guns are great for reenactors or for your gun room display.

Pics on request.

Thanks,

Prof

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Once More...

Anybody? Re-enactors? BTT

·
Registered
98 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing pics of them...how well are they done? I have never seen any of the IMA sub gun dummies, I have a Vickers, DP-28, and MG-15 I am very happy with though....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pics on the way

Pzjgr, I'll send a couple of pics to your board email address today or tomorrow. Sorry for the delay in responding, but I've been out of town on biz.

To answer your question, these two SMGs are pretty well done. The receivers are aluminum. The fit of the receivers to the rest of the gun could have been done with a little more care, but the small ridges from whatever they used (maybe JB Weld?) to join the aluminum sections to the rest of the receiver are not noticeable from any distance, only if you have the gun in your hands. The MP38--the older vintage gun--looks pretty good with it's air-cooled bbl jacket. The MP38/44, the more simple version of the gun--looks puny in comparison to it's older brother, but I imagine puniness is relative if you have to lug three extra pounds or so more up and down the countryside when people are shooting at you, as long as the thing spit bullets when you needed it to do so.

Have pics to ya soon.

P

1 - 5 of 5 Posts