1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of these, this one has a new barrel, all new springs, new two piece firing pin. Fired out of battery on me. Selling for parts or you repair, unsafe to shoot as is. May be as simple as headspacing but not according to my gauges. $400.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
buttplate plastic?
wood have the disk in it?
how many sling swivels?
is it scope cut?

serial number range - last 2 digits Xd out please

trades for parts kits accepted?

i can get a working one for 400.00 that headspaces, and a new barrel for under 50.00 shipped - not trying to infer your gun isnt worth what youre asking, just looking to see if there is room for negotiation in the price?

i MAY be interested depending on a few things - pics would be VERY helpful

Mike

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ood

Totally lost on 'out of battery firing'. The hammer cannot even reach the firing pin until lock up has been completed as the rear end of the bolt carrier prevents hammer from getting to bolt during forward motion of components. Did it twice............both times w/magnum primers in reloads. That may also be a problem. I have gotten some mil spec primers now but am not anxious to try it again.......

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I do not mean to hijack this thread but I have a FN-49 that works great but everytime you fire it it blows off the top upper front handguard. If the you keep the hand guard off it functions fine. Any ideas since it appears you people know allot about the FN-49.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not an expert, but there is a gas adjustment nut that you could try in different positions to suit your ammo. There should also be a small area in the front of the handguard to vent the gas. Check these. Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts