1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gentlemen :
As I continue to thin the herd , I am offering up for sale a near NOS M1 telescopic sight in a very dry and cracking leather M3 case .
I bought this from a good friend of mine decades ago , whom I have sence lost track of and I fear he has passed .
I bought this with the intent of mounting it on my M2HB , but it has the rear sight base that doesn't take this , and I have never gotten around to finding one and mounting it up . Being as how my M2HB is on my to be thinned list , I stumbbled on this last week and thought I'd put it up for sale .

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/emmagee1917/library/M1 telescopic sight

I don't know what these are worth , a quick check show them all over the spectrum up to around $1500 , but they look to have been there awhile .

I'm going to ask $1,000 shipped / ins. to the 48 because the board rules say I must have a price .
Feel free to PM me an offer ....it'll be between you and me only ....no auctions allowed here .

As always , first " I'll take it " post gets it .

Thanks , Chris

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Almost a week and a half and no nibbles ?
Am I that far out of the ballpark on price ? Or is there just no intrest in these scopes ?
Chris

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Since you're asking, I'll spout off my ill informed opinion ;)

Pretty small market for the scope. I have irons and a Eotech with a quick detach mount, and think it's pretty slick. From where I sit an old, fragile, not real functional scope is more of a collectors item/display piece. So, yea, I'd buy one for cheap, just for the "silly/neat" factor, but that thing is way WAY outside my price range.

Subset of a subset of a subset problem. It will take extra time to find those few people who have a M2, the fewer still who want one of those scopes, and finially the ones who are willing to part with significant coinage to but it.

But, what the heck do I know, you will probably sell it tomorrow for twice what you are asking ;)

·
Premium Member
6,928 Posts
Chris that is a beauty and I am not sure how I missed this thread? If I had not just grabbed one I would be all over this for the early Colt 50 I have. I got mine on a private deal and picked it up at the creek but the price is fair IMHO and they usually do go for more than your asking price. Very nice piece. Russ

·
Premium Member
6,928 Posts
Is this the one that fits in the rear sight dovetail? If so, I'll take it.
Yes it is Chad and a nice accessory for an early M2HB if I did not already own one I would have bought his.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is . There is a picture link in the middle of the top post that looks to still be live .
I'll hold it for you till you take a peek . Let me know .
Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts