1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTS M2HB/M3 .50cal Tripod Adapters (pic)

Selling my newly designed M2HB/M3 Tripod Adapters for the M3 Tripod.These are a must have is your an avid shooter of the MaDeuce.

*This Adapter simplifies your shooting experience by raising your MaDeuce up by 4' inches.No need to crouch on the ground.You can fully extend the legs and litterally sit in a chair from behind.

*Has a Twin Can design (Holds your ammo and catches your spent links)

*Has a fully enclosed Link Chute

*Has built in Pintle Adapter (Drops right into your tripod pintle and T&E)

*Has a built in Belt-Feed Chute (Keeps your belts feeding properly)

*Gives you Full Treverse from Right to Left and allows the T&E mechanism to move freely as if it was never on there.

*Eliminates the dreaded drop cloth under your tripod just to catch your spent links.

*Heavy steel construction (Mig and Tig welded throughout)

*Each adapter comes with all hardware and requires no modifications to install.

*Gives you a very distinctive,clean shooting platform.

*Each adapter comes painted and test fit before leaving the shop.

Standard Color is OD Green.

Price for the M2HB Adapters run $399 plus ship.Because these adapters are so time consuming to build please allow 1 full week to process after funds are recieved.

*Standard feed on these adapters are from left (Belt enters) to right (Links exit) If you need one where the belt enters from the right please let know and I can accomodate you. :)

Here are some pics of this truely unique system.....

More pics can be found here:

http://shoot1919a4.com/gallery/album01?page=6

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Dangit, where was that when I was having to hand build an adapter and T&E extension to put a Navy cradle on a M3 pod? Really nice job. I like that the feed ramp, link chute and link box are all self contained in the assembly. If I didn't have the one I built I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat. I've got more money invested in the cradle, adapter and pintle that I welded to the adapter than you're asking for your whole rig...not to mention the labor involved in the one I built.

Hey 1919, am I wrong or could you add another set of T&E ears just forward of the one's shown so a 1919 would set in there forwards (to align with the feed ramp and link chute) and make that a 30/50 mount? Might would have to make a removable H bracket to elevate the front of the 1919 a tad so it aligns properly with the ramp and chute. A couple of removable spacers in the ammo trays would keep 30 cal cans snugged up and you might have to add a short removable bridge to the link chute, but no biggie. I'm sure a 30 cal belt would slide right up that feed ramp on the left side with no mods. Not meaning to mess with your design...just a thot.

You do nice work.

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Hey

Hey Rich,
Someones gonna have one of these out at the next shoot right... Maybe will have to take a good video of it in action so everyone can see... Did anyone else take any video of the 30cal setup going?

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lobo,
Not a bad idea but there are quite a few mods you would have to incorporate into this adapter to make it work.The belt feed definitley would be to high and the link chute would have to be moved.I dont think it would be worth it in the end cause it would have to many detachments and re-attachments plus quick pins would be needed etc.Too many attachment points will cause alot of vibrasion and can make the adapter rattle under fire.With all of these mods the price would skyrocket in the end.This M2HB adapter is priced pretty low for the amount of time it takes to build.
If someone did want a "Custom" 30/50 mount I could build one for them.Price for one would probably be kinda high in the end though.Steel prices have gone through the roof in the last year or so.:eek:

Kali,
Yes there will be 3 M2HB Adapters at the next shoot.I will have my video camera there and if anyone else wants to shoot it thats fine with me.:)

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Yeah, I see what you mean...a person would spend all their time keeping up with all the parts and pieces.

Looks really good and some video would be great.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow! That is a really nice piece. I would love to have one but I need to sell
my now un-needed MG3 Tripod to finance it. Anyone need an MG3 Tripod?:)

GMac

1 - 11 of 11 Posts