1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More back building loot.

One known good spring. One nicer body has a shallow dent in the side, not hard to fix; other two pitted, one painted over pitting, package of maybe 30 original screws for cover and spool drum. Not so many washers. One nicer release gadget, other functions ok but has a pitted area. One broken carry handle.......both ends there for a replacement. The cable gadget is supposed to be a propeller interrupter.????? It is separate. $50.

All drum parts together, $150. prepaid.

Not sure about Post & PM with the new format. heckinohio @ gmail. com works after you remove the spaces.

PJH

Attachments

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
That would be great if you find any. I paid way too much for this drum a couple years ago and have been looking for the 10 screws, the top latch assembly, and the right side first dummy/pusher bullet ever since.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
i have to one of my contacts overseas, he used to have screws for these. will let you know
A very long time ago APEX sold these drums.
That was right after Century imported them, along with MG-15 and STS-61 kits.
We have a customer wreck one and return it.
It appears the customer thought you could force the rounds into it, eventually resorting to what I can only imagine was the force of a hammer and bar on the follower.
Once it was "sprung" the cover was removed and when it came back most of the cover screws were gone.
I ran across the drum a few years ago while moving pallets in the warehouse.
I took it home and undid all the damage.
I ordered the slotted round head cover screws from the "Fastenal" shop up the road, but never received them and they closed.
So I went to "ACE" hardware and found socket head screws that fit properly, they were even finished black.
They look fine, work great and allowed me to get that project wrapped up.
I learned a lot about how those drums work and are adjusted.

Richard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts