1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mixed rare Izzy kit with some very hard to find MK21 mod type parts and two good condition .308 barrels, minus right side plate. Top cover latch didn't make it to the pictures but is present and will be shipped with the kit. Also have the RR cartridge stop that is part of the MK21 mods still attached to a small portion of the right plate.

There's explanations and more pictures in the thread below.

$1550.00 shipped. First "I'll take it" takes priority.

Will not ship to states where machine gun parts are prohibited.

Payment by Postal M.O. only.

Will ship within 24 hrs of receipt of payment.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Interesting kit. Is it possible for you to post better pictures of the top of the barrel carrier, underside of the top cover, and front of the extractor? I wonder if this gun is one that may have been sent to the Israelis for evaluation like the Aussies or a mixture of MK21 Mod O and Izzy parts in an attempt to get the gun to function.

--fjruple

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
IMG_0244.JPG IMG_0242.JPG IMG_0245.JPG IMG_0243.JPG IMG_0241.JPG IMG_0240.JPG IMG_0215.JPG
Interesting kit. Is it possible for you to post better pictures of the top of the barrel carrier, underside of the top cover, and front of the extractor? I wonder if this gun is one that may have been sent to the Israelis for evaluation like the Aussies or a mixture of MK21 Mod O and Izzy parts in an attempt to get the gun to function.

--fjruple
Here you go.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Indeed Very Interesting! Its tough to say what you have there. The Barrel Extension is definitely for a MK 21 Mod 0. The front cartridge stop looks like it was shorten as the flat part that brazened to the upper part is suppose to go all of the way to the beginning of the feedway. The Left side plate has the third "Izzy" hole but has the MK21 Mod 0 two Feed Pawl modifications. Are there any Izzy markings on the left side plate? The trunion is a modified Browning .30-06 trunion to Mk21 Mod 0 specifications. It does not appear to be an Izzy trunion modified to MK21 Mod 0.

The bolt is an Izzy modified bolt. The extractor is a plain extractor and does match the photo of the MK 21 Mod 0 extractor that I have. The Top Cover is really a mystery!! The top cover is Izzy marked. The feedway appears to be modified for the MK21 Mod 0 but is missing the link stripper that is brazen to the top cover. It looks like at one point it did have the link stripper on the top cover. The real mystery is the belt feed pawl which is for a Canadian C1/C5A1 Browning!! The belt feed slider appears to be for a MK21 Mod 0. Where the Izzys attempting to get a MK21 Mod 0 to feed correctly? Or was your parts kit an attempt to build a MK21 Mod 0? Who knows? But your kit does have some interesting parts.

--fjruple

PS-- What does the booster looks like on the Barrel Jacket? Photo would help.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Indeed Very Interesting! Its tough to say what you have there. The Barrel Extension is definitely for a MK 21 Mod 0. The front cartridge stop looks like it was shorten as the flat part that brazened to the upper part is suppose to go all of the way to the beginning of the feedway. The Left side plate has the third "Izzy" hole but has the MK21 Mod 0 two Feed Pawl modifications. Are there any Izzy markings on the left side plate? The trunion is a modified Browning .30-06 trunion to Mk21 Mod 0 specifications. It does not appear to be an Izzy trunion modified to MK21 Mod 0.

The bolt is an Izzy modified bolt. The extractor is a plain extractor and does match the photo of the MK 21 Mod 0 extractor that I have. The Top Cover is really a mystery!! The top cover is Izzy marked. The feedway appears to be modified for the MK21 Mod 0 but is missing the link stripper that is brazen to the top cover. It looks like at one point it did have the link stripper on the top cover. The real mystery is the belt feed pawl which is for a Canadian C1/C5A1 Browning!! The belt feed slider appears to be for a MK21 Mod 0. Where the Izzys attempting to get a MK21 Mod 0 to feed correctly? Or was your parts kit an attempt to build a MK21 Mod 0? Who knows? But your kit does have some interesting parts.

--fjruple

PS-- What does the booster looks like on the Barrel Jacket? Photo would help.
The booster is the regular Izzy blunt tapered type like all the rest of my guns, nothing special about it or the barrel jacket.

Yes, the left plate has the usual Izzy markings just forward of the rear sight mount.

I don't know. This was a running postie at one time so who knows what might have been changed out in its life.

Thanks for the replies and info.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
The booster on the MK21 Mod 0 was modified to reduce the oriface and added a flash hider quite to the MK21 Mod 0.

--fjruple

1 - 9 of 9 Posts