1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gentlemen :
Up for sale is my USCG 60mm / 81mm / 4.2-inch subcaliber training kit . It is mostly complete and in used but not abused shape .
The link to the manual , which also goes with the kit , will show you how it's used and the few missing small parts that arn't there ( mostly original cleaning gear ) .
The link to the kit will show all that you get with it . Note the lots of extra locks , clips , and o-rings I've gathered .

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/emmagee1917/library/mortar trainer manual
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/emmagee1917/library/mortar subcaliber kit

I'm asking $1200 for the kit plus actual shipping cost .

The case is just a little too large for a USPS large flat rate box , as is the barrel . I figure one USPS large flate rate box for the small , heavy parts . A USPS mail tube for the barrel , and a third box UPS for the wood box . I can insure each box for the total amount or split up the value as you see fit , just make sure you can live with your decission if one is lost . I figure shipping would be in the $100 - $150 range .

As always , first " I'll take it " post in this thread gets it .

Thanks , Chris

·
BeltFed GURU
4,433 Posts
These are Fun you can use up to Green .22 ramset loads for launch and the lowest charge ones as marking charge loads .

The way to keep from losing one is to tie a piece of fluorescent color builders string around the tail boom loosely wrapped 6-12"long so it will streamer so if you have one go all the way into the ground the string will be sticking out on the surface so you can find it !

You can fill the nose with chalk line dust and i have been using 5 mm acorn cap blanks to blast the powder out on impact so it also marks where it lands .

They have about a 166 ft.(1000 ") range so it does not take a lot of room to have fun with them .

Doll house`s and cardboard boxes make a great "village to shell" :firedevil::rofl::rofl::rofl: !!!

The asking price is excellent !!!! If i did not own 2 sets already i would go for it !!!

emmagee1917 ,
I could sure use about 6 of the 2 piece clips please please :D Sir !

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
I used the Army version that used compessed air for launch and .22 blanks in the warhead. WHOLE lot of fun. Kids love these too. Hubcaps and cardboard boxes as buildings. With this model since it has more range/power I would not recommend catching the inbounds......:lol: A few beers and it can get a little hairy. ......And funny.....and yes I had a mispent youth....

·
BeltFed GURU
4,433 Posts
autofire ,

You are going to love it ,the bag of little star shaped pieces are for retaining the impact piston and spring hold back for the marking charge firing ,it looks like there is also a bag of the springs along with a bag of the 2 piece bottom spacer lock clips and muzzle spacer/cap clips so it takes 8 halves to make the 4 locks necessary to hold the spacer and barrel in the larger 81 and 4.2" mortar barrels .

Any way i could get 8 or 10 halves of those clips i am missing them and you will be getting quite a few ? :angel: Please ,Please :worship: !!! I have one barrel without them ....

If you need any info beyond what is in the manual PM me ,i am Always willing to help !!! I have in my collection original 40 piece /box launch loads last i saw on GB only a box of missing a few is being offered for start at $85 :eek: ........ Oh i have a slight different manual in .pdf format the Army issue one .

Adult Lawn Darts for the truly :nuts: Gun nut :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
BeltFed GURU
4,433 Posts
GSG ,
Those are the more modern M378 system 25 mm ones blue plastic body and fins and chrome flat nosed ones i have 1 in my collection :D .

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Autofire , it's yours . PM sent .
I'll package everything up and see what it'll cost to ship Thurs. and let you know . You can PM me your shipping info .
You'll have fun with it . I loved watching everybody else's reactions , more so than shooting it .
Thanks , Chris

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
GSG ,
Those are the more modern M378 system 25 mm ones blue plastic body and fins and chrome flat nosed ones i have 1 in my collection :D .
Those would be the ones. If you were good with your hands you could snatch them as the came in for impact...if you missed the sand in my driveway stung your legs like all get out when the .22 blank went.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
Chris that is a beauty of a set, very nice score AF these rarely come up and are a hoot to play with. Good luck keeping your son away from this one lol.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Yes this will be a lot of fun for sure. I've been looking for quite some time. And yes it is going to be hard to keep him away from it. Looks like he's coming home in August some time for a few weeks. We will have some fun.
AF

·
Registered
907 Posts
Kit arrived yesterday and packed very well. finally had a chance to open it up wow does that like a lot of fun. Maybe this weekend I'll get it out to play adult lawn darts. :)
Thanks for a great transaction
AF

1 - 14 of 14 Posts