1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have decided to move out some of my Maxim kits I've been sitting on for awhile, I have 2 08 German guns, lots of matching# good bbl's 4500. 4 08/15's that are very nice lots of matching# with original cast drum hangers, steam covers etc etc 3500 a very nice Finnish gun lots of brass with the restored M33 tripod, correct me if I'm wrong on that and a Midwest Metals semi auto right side plate 6000 a non snow cap Russian with the 1930's style sights and dummy side plates 2000. All these kits are very nice minus major jacket dents and major parts missing. The 08/15's are the best I've found, not the typical rusted beat up GB kits missing all the easily lost parts. One kit has the stock oiler and all have nice wood for a hundred year old gun! One of the 15's has matching #'s including the drum hangar!! I talked with a professional builder from this board who will be doing semi plates for both German guns! I figured someone would be doing these someday. I can take extra pics for anybody who is interested. IMG_3163[1].JPG IMG_3165[1].JPG IMG_3168[1].JPG IMG_3169[1].JPG IMG_3171[1].JPG IMG_3176[1].JPG IMG_3179[1].JPG Maxim top.JPG

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Excellent kits! The "Finn" Maxim is not Finnish, but an early smooth jacket Russian made 1910 outfitted with the tripod adaptor to fit the Finn made tripod, and some other minor upgrades, like a rear sight altered to the Finn graduations, etc.
Tripod is not the M33 model but one of the M21 variations. With the tripod, the model and tripod together are designated the m09/21.
If the kit was actually a Finn made example it would bring close to your advertised price, but as an early Russian 1910 with that mount, value is significantly lower, in my opinion. But, that's up to you.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I saw these kits quite awhile ago and they are even nicer than the pictures show.
Uzi is one to underestimate the condition of anything he sells, I know as I have bought many kits from him in the past.
If I didn't just buy an Mg08 I would grab one of those 08/15's to add to the stable.
Get em while you can guys, they will only go up once it is announced that the semi approval is out there!!!
CaptMax

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wts nice maxim kits

First off i want to thank BMG17a1 for the info on the early "RUSSIAN " kit i listed as a Finnish Maxim!!:eek::eek: That all makes sense now as a Finnish has the mount made as part of the jacket and not added to it for the Finn mount. I have had some interest by several members for the M21 tripod. and the Early Russian Maxim separately. I will sell the early Russian kit M21 tripod and Midwest Metals semi-auto R plate for 5K. separated the the tripod is 2K and the kit is 3K. I have 2 tripods and only 1 rear attachment fitting. that will go with the whole package or if separated i have to keep it for my other tripod sorry. I have an excellent machinist who can reproduce the mounting parts of the Finnish tripod so they can be used for Russian guns if there is enough interest or if there is enough extra M21 pods that guys want to mount there Russian guns too now that i have the parts the Finns used for captured Russian guns. The 08\15' manufacturers I have are MAN NUREMBERG, SPANDAU, ERFURT. I think one of the 08's and a 08/15 are already spoken for. I wanted to give the forum guys first crack at these really nice kite B 4 i put them on Gun Broker...Thanks for looking and all the good info from the members..:D:D:D

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Uzi, PM sent.
Bump the thread, CaptMax

·
Registered
454 Posts
First off i want to thank BMG17a1 for the info on the early "RUSSIAN " kit i listed as a Finnish Maxim!!:eek::eek: That all makes sense now as a Finnish has the mount made as part of the jacket and not added to it for the Finn mount. I have had some interest by several members for the M21 tripod. and the Early Russian Maxim separately. I will sell the early Russian kit M21 tripod and Midwest Metals semi-auto R plate for 5K. separated the the tripod is 2K and the kit is 3K. I have 2 tripods and only 1 rear attachment fitting. that will go with the whole package or if separated i have to keep it for my other tripod sorry. I have an excellent machinist who can reproduce the mounting parts of the Finnish tripod so they can be used for Russian guns if there is enough interest or if there is enough extra M21 pods that guys want to mount there Russian guns too now that i have the parts the Finns used for captured Russian guns. The 08\15' manufacturers I have are MAN NUREMBERG, SPANDAU, ERFURT. I think one of the 08's and a 08/15 are already spoken for. I wanted to give the forum guys first crack at these really nice kite B 4 i put them on Gun Broker...Thanks for looking and all the good info from the members..:D:D:D
...I too have a Russian M1910 made in 1917 and captured by the Finns in the winter war. I need the traverse and elevation mechanism that goes to the 1921 Finn tripod. I have the tripod. Uzi, if you have some made, or find one you want to sell, let me know. I'm interested.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wts nice maxim kits

Hey sorry for the slow reply, had a back injury that put me in bed TOTALLY doped up for a few days.:eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes: 1 of the 08's and 1 of the 08/15's are spoken for, possible sale on the Finn modified and tripod. I do have a couple questions for the guys who really know the Maxim's..:) I have an 08 with an odd attachment on the feed block and R side plate and a couple manufactures that I couldn't find in Dolf's book!!:rolleyes: IMG_3515[1].JPG IMG_3516[1].JPG IMG_3518[1].JPG IMG_3520[1].JPG IMG_3521[1].JPG I hope he's at the Creek in a couple weeks.....

·
Registered
36 Posts
The feedblock device looks somewhat like a drum attachment point, which would normally be found on an 08/15. The bent bracket might be a support arm.

The fusee cover is Cyrillic marked suggesting Russian origin. The hammer also suggests communist manufacture. I wonder if this is really a 1910 part.

The top cover is really strange to me. "Korj" seems Scandanavian, and perhaps the "S" is Sweden. However, I've seen the gear logo on pictures of Russian parts, but with cannon on the inside.

Interesting for sure...

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
!!!!!!!!!

Very nice,, wish i would have saved some money ,, i know the shopping at the creek is going to cost me lots especially for all the things i didn't think id find,, figures something nice like this would come along ,, should have any problems selling for sure.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts