1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently purchased a complete 1928 Colt Water Cooled gun collection from Forum member Porteroden. Since I already have a semi-automatic 1928 Colt Water Cooled, the gun in the collection is surplus to my needs. Rather than pay CA sales tax, transfer fees, and shipping fees to California only to resell it later, I am offering it for sale now at a very attractive price.

It is a very nicely built 1928 Colt Water Cooled semi-automatic gun in .30-06 caliber built from hand select Colt parts on a 100% Ohio Ordnance Works (OOW) semi plate (serial number WC846) with KMP semi parts.

Kit was built using an Israeli bolt and lock frame which were machined into semi-auto configuration by Forum member 30cal (B.P.) but an original Colt marked and serial numbered bolt and lock frame are included in the sale. The original Colt captive drive spring was utilized in the build so it looks totally original.

Gun has mostly the original blued finish from when kit was purchased. There are three fixable dents in the water jacket as shown in the pictures (probably would be hidden by a carrying handle). The right hand side plate was rust blued internally and cold blued externally temporarily as he was going to strip, fix the three water jacket dents, and rust blue the gun when he had more time. Upon completion of the build it was not test fired but it cycles and dry fires just fine.

This is an excellent chance to buy a complete and built semi-automatic water cooled gun for slightly more than the price of a parts kit, machine work, 100% engraved right side plate, spare bolt and lock frame, and KMP semi parts cost. Gun must ship to an FFL, asking $3,750 plus shipping.:cool: SOLD to Fizzlooney PAID, and shipped.

First I will take it followed by a PM gets it. Please ask all questions before you commit to purchasing it.

Wood Metal Vehicle Vintage car Car Classic Classic car Auto part Metal Vehicle Photography Gun Rifle Shooting sport Shooting Air gun
Metal Bumper Auto part Automotive exterior Steel casing pipe Cylinder Gas Pipe Metal Vehicle Metal
Machine Machine tool Sphere Machine Tripod Wheel Vehicle Auto part Vehicle Wheel Bumper

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
This is a smoking deal for anyone looking for a '28 Colt.
Just want to say redroth is one of the nicest guys you could do business with as well. :thumbup:
Bump for a firearm and seller that are both "top of the line".
CaptMax

·
Registered
391 Posts
What do you mean "Forum member 30cal (B.P.) " ?????

he was logged on today

·
Registered
2,614 Posts

Rather than pay CA sales tax, transfer fees, and shipping fees to California only to resell it later, I am offering it for sale now at a very attractive price.

I'm confused. Since you purchased the weapon out-of-state, why would you need to pay CA sales tax?

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm confused. Since you purchased the weapon out-of-state, why would you need to pay CA sales tax?
...when a California FFL dealer completes the registration paperwork and delivers a firearm to a California purchaser for an out-of-state private party seller or an out-of-state retailer not registered with the CA Board of Equalization as a retailer engaged in business in this state, it is presumed that the California FFL dealer is the retailer of the firearm. This is due to the fact that by operation of law, only the California FFL dealer possessing the firearm has power to cause title to the property to transfer to the purchaser. Thus, the California FFL dealer owes sales tax on the total amount of the sales price of the gun, including their service charge, but excluding the Dealer’s Record of Sale (DROS) fee. The California firearm dealer should generally obtain a copy of the sales invoice from the seller or purchaser to determine the proper amount of tax due.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
...when a California FFL dealer completes the registration paperwork and delivers a firearm to a California purchaser for an out-of-state private party seller or an out-of-state retailer not registered with the CA Board of Equalization as a retailer engaged in business in this state, it is presumed that the California FFL dealer is the retailer of the firearm. This is due to the fact that by operation of law, only the California FFL dealer possessing the firearm has power to cause title to the property to transfer to the purchaser. Thus, the California FFL dealer owes sales tax on the total amount of the sales price of the gun, including their service charge, but excluding the Dealer’s Record of Sale (DROS) fee. The California firearm dealer should generally obtain a copy of the sales invoice from the seller or purchaser to determine the proper amount of tax due.
So what? The weapon was a "gift" from your cousin and he presented it to you as an anniversary gift. As long as the commie bastards get a compliant populace they will take and take and take. What if you sent funds via PayPal from an EBT card to your cousin to cover shipping and handling?

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So what? The weapon was a "gift" from your cousin and he presented it to you as an anniversary gift. As long as the commie bastards get a compliant populace they will take and take and take. What if you sent funds via PayPal from an EBT card to your cousin to cover shipping and handling?
Don't really want to go into a lot of what if's on this, suffice to say the FFL is responsible for collecting "use tax" or "sales tax" on purchases in California.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
I recently purchased a complete 1928 Colt Water Cooled gun collection from Forum member Porteroden. Since I already have a semi-automatic 1928 Colt Water Cooled, the gun in the collection is surplus to my needs. Rather than pay CA sales tax, transfer fees, and shipping fees to California only to resell it later, I am offering it for sale now at a very attractive price.

It is a very nicely built 1928 Colt Water Cooled semi-automatic gun in .30-06 caliber built from hand select Colt parts on a 100% Ohio Ordnance Works (OOW) semi plate (serial number WC846) with KMP semi parts.

Kit was built using an Israeli bolt and lock frame which were machined into semi-auto configuration by Forum member 30cal (B.P.) but an original Colt marked and serial numbered bolt and lock frame are included in the sale. The original Colt captive drive spring was utilized in the build so it looks totally original.

Gun has mostly the original blued finish from when kit was purchased. There are three fixable dents in the water jacket as shown in the pictures (probably would be hidden by a carrying handle). The right hand side plate was rust blued internally and cold blued externally temporarily as he was going to strip, fix the three water jacket dents, and rust blue the gun when he had more time. Upon completion of the build it was not test fired but it cycles and dry fires just fine.

This is an excellent chance to buy a complete and built semi-automatic water cooled gun for slightly more than the price of a parts kit, machine work, 100% engraved right side plate, spare bolt and lock frame, and KMP semi parts cost. Gun must ship to an FFL, asking $3,750 plus shipping.:cool:

First I will take it followed by a PM gets it. Please ask all questions before you commit to purchasing it.

View attachment 13679 View attachment 13680 View attachment 13681 View attachment 13682 View attachment 13683
View attachment 13684 View attachment 13685 View attachment 13686 View attachment 13687 View attachment 13688
View attachment 13689 View attachment 13690 View attachment 13691 View attachment 13692 View attachment 13693
Back to the topic of a great deal and terrific seller.:thumbup:
CaptMax

1 - 13 of 13 Posts