1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rolling Thunder. My first 1919a4. This is an Ohio Rapid Fire gun, about 3 years old with 4-5K rounds through it.

From the many postings on this board by ORF owners, I would say that this is a typical ORF gun. The stencilling is mine, you can remove it with brake cleaning fluid. I found out by accident.

The booster locking ring was torn up when I got it, since then that little protrusion now works even better as a locking catch spring.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Looks good... what's the price, and what all is in the deal? Solokov go with the deal?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cont.

Many of the posted comments on the ORFs concerned the sear design and operation. I did bust mine very early. Todd at ORF sent a new one and some sear components, which are included. To be fair, I think now that my brakage was because of my unfamiliarity with head spacing. I can't speak for others.

Another ORF typical is that the shroud retaining screw holes don't align. That just means that I had to be attentive to the shroud at the range.

I mounted a crank fire on Rolling Thunder that I got from Orin (7.62x51), which is not included.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cont.

On this view you will see the ORF typical non-mil breech lock cam bolt. On the left are some scratches I put on the bottom plate to accomodate the weld putty that supported the crank fire. These are superficial.

I welded and ground flat a bead on the trigger to provide good contact for the crank fire plunger. It should grind off easy.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cont.

For sale $900 face to face only. Not interested in fussing with shipping thru FFLs. This is a long arm, which means I can sell it accross contiguous state lines. Will meet half way up to 100 miles. No accessories, mounts, pintles, or belts are included. Contact [email protected] only.

Thanks.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sokolov

Dave,

I was gonna offer that with my Maxim kit, which is next in line for sale.

Mike

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Uhhhhh, if you want to sell them the Sokolov mount with the 1919 and let me know what you want for the Maxim parts set I'm looking for another parts set as a spare...I already have a Sok mount and don't want that.

Pm sent.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WST the Sokolov, too.

I've had enough inquiries about the Sokolov to include it in this ad.

$300 face to face. Brass base and turret. Original front pin included, no T&E pin. Original condition and paint, except for degreasing.

Those of you that have responded to the 1919 will maintain the same order if you want to include an offer on the mount. I will consider the mount combo first, then seperately.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
53 Posts
For sale $900 face to face only. Not interested in fussing with shipping thru FFLs. This is a long arm, which means I can sell it accross contiguous state lines.

If you don't have an FFL, _any_ firearm sale across state lines, long arm or not, contiguous state or not, is not permitted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts