1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I have had the new batch done for a bit but have been to busy and keep forgetting to list them here so here they are. I am offering two different jigs now the first is a dedicated 30 cal only jig for those guys who will not build a 50 and I did this to keep the cost down. The new improved 30/50 combo jig is taller and comes with a few more bits and a spacer to take care of the one rivet in front of the pawl brackets. It works great and I have to give a shout out to Lucky13 for his help and guidance on this as it was hid idea for the spacer and longer bits. I have both in stock and ready to ship and can bring some to the creek for delivery. Call anytime should you have questions and remember that I can turn bits for any profile should you need something for a specific build. Thanks, Russ
30 cal jig- 170.00 shipped
30/50 combo jig- 225.00 plus shipping
plinkers jig.jpg

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Just wondering Russ if the taller one also includes the bolt that treads into the top? It is missing in the picture?

Mike--Mustangman7

·
Premium Member
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just wondering Russ if the taller one also includes the bolt that treads into the top? It is missing in the picture?

Mike--Mustangman7
Yes it does Mike I was in a hurry to get to my daughters in Philly (major house restoration going on) and forgot a bolt for the taller jig. There is also a bucking block with the 5/32 and 3/16 profile to back up rivets that is not in the picture but will be included with each jig. Russ

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
That came out nice, Russ. For any of you guys that are home building an M2/M3, the extra height and tools provided will make this real easy. That one trunnion rivet where the fixture needed to be taller to clear both belt holding pawl brackets is now a breeze, and that spacer with the flat is your extra guide and screw stop to make that happen. Plus, this now works for installing the BHP Bracket rivets on the .50 side plates with ease. Awesome job, on these, my friend.

·
Registered
31 Posts
ok complete noob question. trying to do as much research before I dive into my first build. The jig has the rods with the cupped ends to round the rivet heads and the hollow ones are guide rods for drill bits unless i'm wrong. my question on the 30 cal jig, what are the others for? one of them looks like a pintle pad without the three holes.

tool does look very well made BTW.

·
Premium Member
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok complete noob question. trying to do as much research before I dive into my first build. The jig has the rods with the cupped ends to round the rivet heads and the hollow ones are guide rods for drill bits unless i'm wrong. my question on the 30 cal jig, what are the others for? one of them looks like a pintle pad without the three holes.

tool does look very well made BTW.
Scott the three little blocks are for
1-Right rear cartridge stop
2-bucking block to support the other side of the rivet that has the head already formed
3- the one with the hole goes over the rivet on one side of the bottom plate to protect it while you are pressing the rivets on the other side
4- parallel ground washer goes between the guide bolt and the gun so when you clamp you gun into the fixture it protects the surface of your gun

·
Registered
864 Posts
I have one of Russ's jigs and they sure take the work out it. Well made jig and a perfect rivet formed every time. Well worth the investment. AF

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
I am hoping to use mine to redo a dummy 17a1 over the holiday break, had it sitting here for a bit waiting to find the time for it. I also intend to try using it to replace a G3 triple tree sling rivet. Last one I did was by hand, really wanted to use the press but you need a support fixture to hold things straight and this does it. Whole lot simpler than hand rivetting trying to get perfectly formed rivets. I especially like not having to worry about shaping them to one side and having to adjust them and touch up with a file. Thank goodness for flat rate shipping. This rig is heavy! And I see lots of other applications with the 2 dome size sets and the flat set outside of 1919 building.

·
Premium Member
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hear a that I can build anything with these, maybe even do a ratchet plate for a mg 42 with it :D:tongue:
One of the members here did the rails on his MG42 with one and I have heard of guys using them for Vickers, Maxims, AK47's and a few others so as long as it will fit in the jig it will press the rivet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have both in stock and ready to ship and can bring some to the creek for delivery. Call anytime should you have questions and remember that I can turn bits for any profile should you need something for a specific build. Thanks, Russ
30 cal jig- 170.00 shipped
30/50 combo jig- 225.00 plus shipping
View attachment 16316
Russ,
I am interested in your 30/50 combo jig.
I am new to building the 1919, do you have a website, thread or tutorial on how the jig is supposed to work?
Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks Fastmonkey,
I searched, but didn't search you tube for a video explanation.
They are really well built, I was expecting to use the threaded bolt to do the swaging of the rivet.

Do these rivet jigs come with the bucking bar for inside the receiver so I don't crush the bottom? Or is this something I will have to pick up separately?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Premium Member
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for having my back fastmonkey I have been working stupid hours and will be through the weekend. Steve feel free to call me if you have questions as I have only been on the board early morning and very late at night and those times are getting closer together by the day LOL I just did 42 1/2 hours the past two days. 585-749-8880 Russ

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
toolmanm203 SEZ: ".... I just did 42 1/2 hours the past two days...."

Now you're working just part time you can get back to the business of firearms! :thinker:

Carry On!
Gary
><>

1 - 20 of 56 Posts