1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Up for consideration is my 1919a4 semi auto gun and spare parts. The gun is set up to fire .308 and 8mm. currently set up in 8mm. A HK MG3 ground mount with adapter and ammo can holder comes with. Original Emery Jones crank fire. A 5 gal. bucket full of links some 2500 plus. A very nice linker with counter. The gun and linker are stored in their own wooden transport box. Enough spare parts to keep the gun running for years.
Spare parts:
4- Barrels. 2 in .308 and 2 in 8mm
2- 2 piece boosters. 1 in .308 and 1 in 8mm
2- A6 flash hiders. 1 on gun and 1 new old stock
2- Trunnion protectors
2- Stripped barrel extensions
1- Top cover complete
1- Lock frame stripped machined for semi
2- New firing pins
5- Used firing pins
1- New bolt ready to run with KMP sear
1- Stripped bolt not machined
2- Extractors 1 new and 1 used
1- KMP trigger and sear used
2- Main springs
Many rings small and large for the boosters
Parts for blank firing along with 1000 rds. of blanks
Carbide reamer to clean the boosters
All spare parts are new or like new no worn out stuff. Everything is covered in Rem oil.
5800 rds. of 8mm ammo. Yugo and Turk. 940 linked in ammo cans and the rest in in original crates and two 50cal ammo cans
Medical expenses necessitates me raising some moneys. Prefer face to face sale in Northern Ohio. The ammo is only for sale with the gun. I would drive some distance to meet a buyer.
Price is $6500.00 OR
gun and all spare parts, everything except ammo only $4500 plus shipping to an FFL

All comments welcome

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, not one thought on from anyone on price or quality of collection. I would take $5500 for just the gun and all spare parts. So shipping on the gun should be doable,cost is the responsibility of the buyer. just would be priced out after breaking down everything. shipping to an FFL is required. Let me know what you think on this.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Since you're welcoming all comments...

Double check current market prices on SA 1919A4s. There are several on GB which can be found everyday and twice on Sunday for <$3K.

E

·
Registered
319 Posts
Since you're welcoming all comments...

Double check current market prices on SA 1919A4s. There are several on GB which can be found everyday and twice on Sunday for <$3K.

E
Do you really have to ruin his ad with this rhetoric? We are capitalists, not communists. Turn the channel of you don't like the price. OBTW, the comment you have is not allowable under the board rules regardless of how you interpreted his words at the bottom of the ad "All comments welcome":

http://1919a4.com/showthread.php?25...he-price-talk-about-it-in-open-talk!-lt-nt-gt

He is selling because he has medical bills and you bash his price?

I've been on this board for a long time and would like to see it kept respectable to read.

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
I'm not usually inclined to comment on these types of comments, but in this case I have to say the comment left was far from rhetoric, and IMHO quite respectable in the way it was worded. When asked to "let me know what you think on this", as long as it is respectful, the door is pretty much wide open.

That being said, yes, it is usually suggested that disagreement on prices is best talked about via PM or email.......

Sorry to hear about the medical issues Mike.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Not trolling at all. The Seller explicitly asked for comments in his OP, and in a followup post was surprised no one had responded with feedback on his asking price. I gave him the constructive feedback he was looking for, not to bash him but to help him with the sale.

The ad and posts are confusing and contradictory, which is likely more the reason no one has replied. Given everything being sold, It could be a great price.

In the first post it says "gun only $5500", but in a follow up it says "$5500 for just the gun and all spare parts". Which is it? It also says in the OP that the ammo will only be sold with the gun. Is it or isn't it included in the $5500. Pointing out the going price for a 1919a4 alone, was just a way to communicate to recheck what was being said. No harm meant and its fine by me if the mods want to delete my posts.

E

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
By my estamate.

The spare parts listed are roughly $1000-$1200 maybe more?

The tripod , mount and crank should add another $1000 + - ?

Details on the carbon scraper ,linker and transit chests would answer some unknown Questions.$$$$

Then theres the bucket of links and the blanks and related feed parts...$$$

All the above @ $5500....? Seems in the ballpark if so.

Some clarification from the seller on whats included with "just the Gun" would be good.

Is it everything " EXCEPT " the Live ammo ( 5800 rds. of 8mm ammo. Yugo and Turk.)..... or something else?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
The way I read the ad, all that for 8 grand...

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Do you really have to ruin his ad with this rhetoric? We are capitalists, not communists. Turn the channel of you don't like the price. OBTW, the comment you have is not allowable under the board rules regardless of how you interpreted his words at the bottom of the ad "All comments welcome":

http://1919a4.com/showthread.php?25...he-price-talk-about-it-in-open-talk!-lt-nt-gt

He is selling because he has medical bills and you bash his price?

I've been on this board for a long time and would like to see it kept respectable to read.
Buck, the seller *asked* what people thought of his price. Somebody responded 'you're too high, several are available cheaper elsewhere'. If you ask me, it was a completely proportionate and reasonable answer. If he had said 'you are on crack, WTF are you thinking', I could understand your discontent, but this is an open forum and the seller ASKED for input.

Mike (OP) I too think your price is quite high, but with a little negotiation and friendly haggling, Im sure you can agree on a price. The thing is, around here, we try to avoid any kind of price gouging. We like to take care of our own and sell at fair, sometimes below market price. Good luck with your sale. You may want to try and post on Gunbroker as you may well be able to command a higher price there. Best of luck with your sale, best wishes in regards to your medical condition.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I like the comments. I thought I said gun and all spare parts for $5500. But as I look its not there. So with all that I have manage to put together over the last 12 years to keep this thing running, I think that's a fair price. You would have a hard time putting enough ammo through this gun to use up all the spare parts for it. It's been a war horse for me. I meet up with Lou Murtha at the Solon gun club he belonged to years ago. It was a long drive for me but managed to send some rounds down range. Drove down to the Southern Ohio Machine Gun shoot two years in a row. This gun has seen most of its exercise at the Tusco Rifle Range. So I hope someone in Ohio who has been thinking about owning one of the big boys takes a look and takes the plunge into beltfed happiness.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I think it is a good price for what is included. I feel the reason for the lack of response is probably due to those of us that had one or more of these weapons for a period of years already has accumulated most of what you have for sale and anyone thinking about getting one probably isn't willing to throw that hard for something they may or may not want to hang on to. That being said, if someone is willing to take the plunge they pretty much get all they will need (short an un-ending supply of ammo) to keep it up and running for a long, long time. Somebody will be really pleased with it, its just a case of finding "that guy." Good luck!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Bump for some more interest and comments

Hey Mike, I think you're in the ballpark with your prices.....just think there's been a misunderstanding on the "gun alone" prices for <$3G's. Hang in there, for whatever reasons, things have been slow and quiet here for the last few weeks or so.
You may want to cross-post on other outlets or consider offering the weapon separately and grouping the accessories in smaller batches.....know it's a pain, but like mentioned above, I think those of us with multiple guns already have many of the accessories and the first time buyer probably doesn't have the funds for your complete set-up....which looks like a nice one.

Good luck and if I hear of anyone that may be interested from an outside source, I'll contact you.

Matt

·
11,848 Posts
Forum rules dictate no trolling on prices. This, however, was negated by mikes request for replies.

I often do the same and have for years. If you put an ad up that is way out of the norm, you'd have no idea why people are ignoring your ad.

All is ok in this post.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
http://1919a4.com/showthread.php?52270-WTS-The-ULTIMATE-1919A4-Package-Deal!

This setup sold for somewhere around 5000. I believe the parts and other accessories in my collection surpass this one. So maybe I'm 500 to high, but I'm holding fast for now. Everything I have for my 1919 I purchased from people on this site. It's been a great experience this past 12 years. Lots of fun on the range. Shipping would be painful though. But as i said before I would drive some distance to meet someone. A meet at Tusco Rifle Range would be good.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I'm going to jump in here... I'm a Long time member, I know Mike, and I also know the Rules,I also got no problem with someone trying to get as much as he can for his stuff.. BUT, I also know how to READ..When someone says. ALL COMMENTS WELCOME, there is NO PROBLEM!!!!...He opened the door and said it was WELCOME...Please, well I'm going top Stop now...Lou

1 - 20 of 27 Posts