1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WTS Really Nice Russian Sokolov Mount for the M1910 Maxim

Just finished purchasing a very nice semi-auto Maxim 09/21 and tripods from fellow Forum member Waorani and need to build up some cash reserves so a few things need to go.

The gun came with both a matching Finnish tripod and a lovely Sokolov tripod with original shipping crate and original shield (not an IMA repro). I have a lack of space and will be using the Finnish tripod so the Sokolov tripod is surplus to my needs.

I am asking what I think is an extremely good price of $600 plus actual shipping to your location. The mount and shield are packed separately as the crated and packaged shipping mount weighs 145 pounds and the shield packaged for shipping an additional 25 pounds. Will deliver at no charge within 50 miles of Los Angeles airport (LAX).

Please ask any questions before you say you will take it. First “I will take it”, followed up with a PM gets it.

Machine Cannon Wheel Technology Vehicle Machine Vehicle Machine Auto part Machine tool Engine

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Redroth, Have you checked if there are any brass parts on the mount?
Please let me know, Thanks.
CaptMax

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Redroth, Have you checked if there are any brass parts on the mount?
Please let me know, Thanks.
CaptMax
Hi CaptMax,
I have not as the mount is packed in it's original shipping crate and the crate is covered in cardboard to prevent damage. My best understanding from the previous owner is that it is a steel mount. Still a very nice condition mount for less than you you would pay if buying from IMA and with original crate and original shield (IMA only sells reproduction shields). With the price of tripods these days, here is a mount with wheels that will allow you to mount a Maxim, Vickers, 1919A4, and other MG's for only $600.
Thanks for asking.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Hi,
Yes, it comes with the rear mounting pin. I will email you.
Its not in the pictures and they almost never did come with the rear pin as that pin is usually chained to the bottom plate of the 1910 Maxim. Usually only the front pin came with the mount. FYI.

I will add that you have a rare version pictured here with optical bracket holes in base.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its not in the pictures and they almost never did come with the rear pin as that pin is usually chained to the bottom plate of the 1910 Maxim. Usually only the front pin came with the mount. FYI.

I will add that you have a rare version pictured here with optical bracket holes in base.
You are absolutely correct, it is not in the picture. Since I have never opened the crate, I assumed one maybe in there and did not realize that as you have correctly stated the pin is attached by a chain to the bottom plate on the Russian Maxims.

Having said that, I have a spare pin from a Russian Maxim bottom plate that I recently bought from a Forum member. I bought the plate as I need to have a spacer fabricated to raise the back of my 09/21 Maxim high enough off the Finnish tripod's rear brass traverse mechanism to clear Dennis's semi-auto trigger modification that protrudes from the bottom of my Maxim. I cannot bring the gun into work but I can bring in the traverse mechanism and bottom plate. If the gentleman buys the tripod, the pin and chain from that plate will go with the mount.

Thank you for the info on the optical bracket holes, I have an awful lot to learn about Maxim's but have started to thanks to you and Bob Naess's helpful comments and deep knowledge on these guns.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts