1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
House is up for sale and this also needs to go!

Time to clean out a number of Russian M1910 receiver parts for which I have no use. Payment by USPS MO preferred. Paypal accepted at +3.5% or via gift. Prices include shipping when indicated.

Early M1910 Water Jacket/Trunnion
Edit
Based on the post below, I'm not sure I know the original serial number or exact year of production. Given the acceptance stamp, it is certainly made in Czarist times and thus falls in the 1911-1917 timeframe. I'll leave the original ad in place with this caveat.

This is what I believe to be a very early M1910 Water Jacket/Trunnion. It has a smooth, steel jacket and steel trunnion with bronze end cap and bronze barrel sleeve insert in the trunnion. A double headed imperial Russian eagle acceptance stamp is on the top rear of the jacket. The trunnion is marked prominently with the serial number “1233”, which dates this to 1911, the first year of M1910 production (Per The Devil's Paintbrush, page 455). The jacket is in very good condition for its age and shows no major dents, damage or repairs. A drain plug is included, but its chain is broken and will need to be replaced.

The jacket also has a stud placed in the underside indicating use by the Finns. The stud is part of their tripod mounting system that uses a jacket clamp. Other serial numbers are stamped into trunnion and jacket underside, indicating that the gun was rebuilt.

Given the intact eagle stamp, this gun was either liberated by the Finns during their initial separation from Russia, or somehow managed to escape being defaced by the Communists and later captured during the Winter War. Either way it is a nice piece of Maxim history. $225 shipped CONUS

M1910 Left Sideplate
Good condition from IMA. Please note the large blob of weld. I'm sure that this covers up a hole through which a pin was placed into the barrel trunnion. This was a fairly typical DEWAT procedure in years past. It can certainly be machined down and blended if intended for a build and the result will be hidden under the fusee cover. $150 shipped SPF

M1910 Engraved Fusee Cover
This is NOT original and is an IMA reproduction of an Imperial Russian Engraved fusee cover. It is a nice working example of an early Russian cover with the spring tension indicator. No springs included. Sold

M1910 Top Cover and Bottom Plate
Both are in good condition and could use a good cleaning.

Top cover is 1935 Russian manufacture and has a Finnish capture mark. It is complete as to parts. $100 shipped SPF

Bottom plate is missing the chain and tripod pin. $100 shipped SPF

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
The trunnion is marked prominently with the serial number “1233”, which dates this to 1911, the first year of M1910 production (Per The Devil's Paintbrush, page 455).
FYI, that 4 digit serial is the Finnish renumbered serial. The original in below that and is in the 28K range, dating it to 1917. With the revolution happening that year, its a really cool piece! I already have one myself but they shine up real nice with that brass end cap! Good luck with it!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FYI, that 4 digit serial is the Finnish renumbered serial. The original in below that and is in the 28K range, dating it to 1917. With the revolution happening that year, its a really cool piece! I already have one myself but they shine up real nice with that brass end cap! Good luck with it!
The serial number below that is actually 4-digits with a 5-digit number on the front steam tube port (which could be a replacement part). I don't think I can pin down the exact year of production any longer, but this is certainly made during Czarist times given the imperial markings and can safely be placed in the 1911-1917 timeframe.

BTT with a price reduction and shipping included.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
The serial number below that is actually 4-digits with a 5-digit number on the front steam tube port (which could be a replacement part). I don't think I can pin down the exact year of production any longer, but this is certainly made during Czarist times given the imperial markings and can safely be placed in the 1911-1917 timeframe.

BTT with a price reduction and shipping included.
I can see 4 digits but you can see by the spacing there should be one farther right. So I am pretty sure its a 5 digit and if the gas tube matches with a 5 digit, I am sure its a 5 digit. Still nice and early. Yes Certainly Imperial which is all that really matters value wise. I think that is a very good price! I paid almost that much for pretty much the same jacket minus the Imperial marking 5-6 years ago. If I did not already have my jacket, I would be buying it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
House is up for sale. Let's clear out this these final Maxim items I don't want to take with me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts