1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This superceeds the other ad I have here titled "Torch cut DP 35 receiver"........I had hoped to delete it but I cant seem to figger out how to do that.

Gun confusion.......the gun I have is a C&R, paper work says "DTM"........It does have some unusual features.....collapsing stock & quick change barrel. You will get no explanation from me!!!!

Receiver pieces. $400. shipped.

PJH

·
BeltFed GURU
4,440 Posts
PJ ,
click on edit and right at the top is a delete post box just check the little box and hit Delete post and it will go away ,Deleted !!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
PJ: the gun is not a DT or DTM. The only part evident to me that is DT is the lower, the DT being a co-ax gun designed for tanks, armor, etc. with the collapsible stock. It is an early DT lower, before the recoil spring was moved to a tube mounted as an extension to the end of the receiver, and guns with this improvement are 'M' designated, such as DPM, DTM, etc. The DTs used a much smaller but thicker drum with larger capacity compared to the usual DP drum in the pic.
It is a DP28, with an early DT lower.
With the correct DT parts, it could be reconfigured as a correct DTM, though. These guns were pretty modular, from the DP through the RP46, an interesting concept at the time.
If it is papered as a DTM, in my opinion, that adds some value to it.
It is a Russian gun, not Chinese?
A bonus is that the bipod is from an RP46, the beltfed version of these guns, which was the last attempt to renew the obsolete DP design for more firepower. RP parts are scarce, but the bipod is missing the four part cleaning rod, of which two sections attach to each leg. FWIW

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
PJ,

that looks to be a DP28 saw cut receiver... if its got overlap it will sell very quickly.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Front two pieces are from a different receiver than the rear piece. Second piece from the front was cut shorter and the torch cuts edges have been ground back. No "chunk" is missing, as you suggest. Metal will have to be added to all the gaps to make the correct length.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
The above post seemed to be directed to me given that the poster quoted my post, but I deleted my response as it appears it was not directed to me……..

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
I'm not trying to insult you but...... If I bought a saw cut reciever and you said it was touch cut then ground flat..... I would say a chunk is missing now.
I am reading this post different. I think this was directed at heckinohio and not to bmg17a1. I think the point fuzzsquid was making was that he bought a receiver for $400 from heckinohio that was advertised as being saw cut and was in reality a receiver that had been torched cut and then dressed up which is a very different animal and typically sells at a significantly lower price then a saw cut receiver. I am sure the two gentlemen will be able to get together and reach a fair accommodation.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I am reading this post different. I think this was directed at heckinohio and not to bmg17a1. I think the point fuzzsquid was making was that he bought a receiver for $400 from heckinohio that was advertised as being saw cut and was in reality a receiver that had been torched cut and then dressed up which is a very different animal and typically sells at a significantly lower price then a saw cut receiver. I am sure the two gentlemen will be able to get together and reach a fair accommodation.
Thank you Redroth, you nailed it. Thank you for your your responses. I emailed the seller yesterday and I'm just waiting for a response.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts