1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a nice demilled Schwarzlose parts kit I have toyed with the idea of selling for a number of years. I purchased a new tractor this week and have decided I want to purchase a new dump trailer to use around the range building new berms etc.

Parts kit is a very nice demill and no filler pieces needed for post sample or semi reweld. Includes the mount , a belt and a belt loader. This is one of the aprox 40 parts kits that IMA sold a few years ago, 8mm with the 4" jacket extension.

Has flash hider and AA Stock.

Im asking $5000 plus shipping. I know this is at the upper end of the spectrum but this is a really nice kit and there is a limited QTY.

Not interested in any trades or taking less, dont need to sell just want something else more.

I will try to post pictures later this week, Just need to take it outside to dust off and take better pics. If you have any questions please send me a PM or email.

Thought I would stick this on here for a few days before putting it on GB

I will be listing this on GunBroker on Friday

<BR><BR>

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
The 07/12s that had been 'converted' to 7.92 came into the US up at the bonded warehouse of Century Arms in Essex, VT along with half a dozen other types of MGs, all in large quantities. I torched all the MGs into kits including the 07/12s and there were quite a few more than 40. I recall that there were just over one hundred. In order to provide some kits with overlapping pieces, I moved the cuts back and forth along the receiver from one gun to the next. It was not possible to keep the pieces from each receiver together for many of the kits simply because of the way it was necessary to torch cut them and then cool them quickly in the third world warehouse environment of Century. Place was a pit!!
In my view, the guns remained unused simply because the feedslot in the bottom of the receiver, where the bolt picks up the round after extraction from the belt in the feed wheel, was configured for the 8X50R Mannlicher round, a heavily tapered case with a rim. In order to fire 7.92, the feedslot must be narrowed and reconfigured to fit the 7.92 case shape. Without doing this modification, the gun will not feed the Mauser round at all. Further, the mouth of the belt feedway below the feed wheel must be slightly lengthened so that the tips of the 7.92 rounds do not hit the front bottom edge of the mouth and stop the feed. Lucky for us that the Romanians, whom allegedly did the conversions, didn't understand or have the need to follow through with thes mods. Many of the barrels with these guns are for the Czech M24, the Czech version of the Schwarzlose, which had an almost 25" barrel, requiring the lengthening of the 07/12 water jackets another 4" or so. I have converted several registered 07/12s to use the 7.92 internals and they work well.
The prevailing myth about the Schwarlose MGs, espoused by the early gun writers, was that the barrel had to be short and the gun had to use a caliber with low velocity because it functioned without a locked breech. Not! The 7.92 round is another 30% higher in MV than the 8X50 and the gun has about a 4" longer barrel and it works fine. Still have to use the oiler though due to high pressure at beginning of case extraction. FWIW

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the history, I would imagine that was quite an unpleasant project.

The 40 number I was referring to was the number of parts kits sold.

Christian at IMA told me 40 or less of these were sold by IMA as parts kits and the remainder were welded up as dummy guns. I believe Capt max was told aprox the same number. I know were a total of 11 of the 40 are so im guessing one not welded up as a dummy for sale would qualify as a little rare.

What year did you cut these up?

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I know where 5 more of them are, my parts storage safe.
Sure rub it in Dennis. Between you and Troy I think you guys have the market covered.:rofl:
CaptMax

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Interesting variation on the trigger bars.

CaptMax
I don't have 5 kits worth, just 1 really nice kit with lots of spare parts.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
These are easy to jig up for a reweld into semi, I have a jig for loan if anyone purchases this.
BTT, CaptMax

1 - 18 of 18 Posts