1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Friend and I bought a couple of parts sets from IMA long ago. I helped him sell his set here a few years ago (his description, not mine - http://1919a4.com/showthread.php?20600-Finnish-09-21-Maxim-machine-gun-parts-set-W-mount-amp-extras) where details on history were filled in by Bob Naess. I had mine built by Dennis at MMC but have never had the time to shoot. The MMC semi conversion has a small bottom piece added that won't work with the Finn tripod but is fine w/ Sokolov wheeled mount. Looks to me like minor mod to tripod and/or bottom piece should resolve but I haven't tried. The Sokolov shield will also need some modification to work with the Finn water jacket. Also still needs a couple of the water jacket plugs that I never got around to sourcing. Includes gun, tripod/mounting sleeve, Sokolov/shield, two ammo cans/belts and an extra barrel.

$5000 + shipping (all very heavy). Also have six 440rd tins of 7.62x54R ammo that will be available to buyer if interested. PM me for a link to download more pics.

m2.jpg m3.jpg m4.jpg m5.jpg m4.jpg m7.jpg m8.jpg m9.jpg m10.jpg m1.jpg

Update 7/16/15 - Was home and available to ship for couple of weeks but now heading back out of town and won't be able to ship for a few months. Still available and I'll give it a bump when I get back.

Update 12/13/15 - I'll be back home and able to ship in a few days and should be around for a while.

SPF, thanks!

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Looks beautiful, sounds like a steal, and bump for a terrific seller.:D
CaptMax

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Friend and I bought a couple of parts sets from IMA long ago. I helped him sell his set here a few years ago (http://1919a4.com/showthread.php?20600-Finnish-09-21-Maxim-machine-gun-parts-set-W-mount-amp-extras) where details on history were filled in. I had mine built by Dennis at MMC but have never had the time to shoot. The MMC semi conversion has a small bottom piece added that won't work with the Finn tripod but is fine w/ Sokolov wheeled mount. Looks to me like minor mod to tripod and/or bottom piece should resolve but I haven't tried. Also still needs a couple of the water jacket plugs that I never got around to sourcing. $5000 + shipping (all very heavy). Includes gun, tripod, Sokolov/shield (and crate if interested), and extra barrel. Have had these pics for years but can better if any interest.

View attachment 13425 View attachment 13426 View attachment 13427 View attachment 13428 View attachment 13427 View attachment 13429 View attachment 13430 View attachment 13431 View attachment 13432 View attachment 13433
Hi,
I am also very interested in it, going on vacation soon so the logistics would be somewhat tight. Where are you located?
Albert

·
Registered
34 Posts
Friend and I bought a couple of parts sets from IMA long ago. I helped him sell his set here a few years ago (http://1919a4.com/showthread.php?20600-Finnish-09-21-Maxim-machine-gun-parts-set-W-mount-amp-extras) where details on history were filled in. I had mine built by Dennis at MMC but have never had the time to shoot. The MMC semi conversion has a small bottom piece added that won't work with the Finn tripod but is fine w/ Sokolov wheeled mount. Looks to me like minor mod to tripod and/or bottom piece should resolve but I haven't tried. Also still needs a couple of the water jacket plugs that I never got around to sourcing. $5000 + shipping (all very heavy). Includes gun, tripod, Sokolov/shield (and crate if interested), and extra barrel. Have had these pics for years but can better if any interest.

View attachment 13425 View attachment 13426 View attachment 13427 View attachment 13428 View attachment 13427 View attachment 13429 View attachment 13430 View attachment 13431 View attachment 13432 View attachment 13433

Update 7/16/15 - Was home and available to ship for couple of weeks but now heading back out of town and won't be able to ship for a few months. Still available and I'll give it a bump when I get back.
sorry
thanks

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump - I'll be home for a while in a few days and again available to ship. PM me for a lot more pics.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Waorani was a great guy to deal with!

Recently bought a really nice semi auto Finnish 09/21 Maxim and tripods from Waorani. A real gentleman to deal with and a great packer. Also wanted to thank gunrunner99 for handling the transfer of the gun, a true professional.

This is the second large purchase I have made from a forum member in the last six months, with the first being a 1928 Colt WC gun package from Porteroden who like Waorani did a great job packing and was a pleasure to deal with.

In fact the only person not thrilled is my wife, don't really understand why, the four kids got a new pair of shoes when school started. :rolleyes:

·
11,819 Posts
My first of way way too many purchases that came through this site was a barret 82a1 from waorani. Had that deal gone badly maybe you all would have had a better chance at about any thing get was posted for sale over a three year period in the late 2000s early 2010s :)

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys for the kind words. I try to be honest and pack like it's being shipped to me!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts