1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys and gals this one has been on the to do list for a while and I finally got them done. I have been working on a cost effective top plate bucking bar for the Browning's because I always have people asking me the best way to do them and there is no quick easy way. While I have a very nice jig for the shop it was too expensive to make for the people that will only build a handful for their own use so I came up with a low cost alternative for the homebuilder. These are made from 4140 prehard so they will hold up so no worries there and I am offering them here first and will have them at the creek if anyone is interested. I am offering them to board members for 36.50 shipped. Russ
DSCN6624.jpg DSCN6626.jpg DSCN6627.jpg

Open to comments and suggestions on these or future projects. Checks can be sent to me at
Russell Brindisi
315 Commerce Dr.
Rochester, NY 14623

·
Registered
34 Posts
Gonna have to give it a try. So I'll take one. I got one off ebay too but havent used it yet. Urs looks better of course. Lmao

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,044 Posts
That looks nice. I am going to have to add that to my tool kit. Since I was first learning to home-build a 1919 about 15 years ago, the top plate rivets have been the most cantankerous ones to set cleanly. The Achilles Heel has always been the bucking part. This tool looks like a total winner to me! Russ- well done!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Please throw one in my "box" for the creek. I am bringing a 50 bmg M3 kit to sell at the creek so hopefully it sells and I can get you paid up. Maybe I should just start a direct deposit from my paycheck to you ??? :eek:

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Now we know the reason for the handle toolman. You like to make Tools.
Nice job. I hope that you bring some to the Creek in a few weeks.

Later 42rocker

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
What an elegant design! simple and effective.

I spent an entire day making a three part wedge sort of like this. each side had a ball end mill pocket that fit the rivet head, then a wedge to drive them tight. I must say it didn't work that well, needed several clamps to keep it from coming part under the hammering from a rivet gun.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I need one for sure, I can pickup from you at KCR.
It will be nice to finally meet Jared I look forward to it. I will be at tables C10 and usually do not leave my tables unless I am helping Dolf but he is at C5 so I wont be far away.

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
Please make one for me. Just throw it in the box with the rivets that don't sell at The Creek. If they sell out (again), we'll figure out something. MSG

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will do MSG and just so everyone here knows I will have his rivets on the table at the creek again but in the spring they sold out fast so catch me early. We will have both style 50 rivets, Colt 28 rivets and the 1919A4/1917A1rivet sets. I am also bringing some riveting jigs and I will post this info in the creek thread also.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry Mike I hate those anti gun Pri…! I am leaving for the creek Tuesday so if it shows up before then I will get it out. Russ

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I need one for sure, I can pickup from you at KCR.
It will be nice to finally meet Jared I look forward to it. I will be at tables C10 and usually do not leave my tables unless I am helping Dolf but he is at C5 so I wont be far away.
Jared was at our tables last year. Guy who’s a lot younger than I thought. And he needs women (honestly I typed “some”’and predictive typing put in “women”) real Mg42 kits. Right?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts