1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a USGI kit that was built by John McGuire. KMP RSP, trigger and sear. I had this built and have not taken it out to shoot. I have another so I guess really don't need two. This is as new as new gets. $3000 plus shipping or you can pick up in Southern California. I'll try to get a pic up later.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
"U.S. GI" one would think .30-06 but you never know. But we usually mean aught six when we say "U.S. GI". We understand that there are new guys who don't know that so that's what we mean. And yes "U.S. GI" is worth more.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
That was my general question - when we say "USGI", do we mean it is a semi built on a "not Israeli" parts set, or is it really a USGI 1919A4 Full auto gun ? Or are we just trying to imply kit pedigree and caliber ? got bit on that once for a C&R 1919A4, (real full auto) advertised as "USGI" when it had Israeli internals and 8mm barrel, sort of converted. sounds like a nice "rifle". 30 cal ammo has been cheaper than 7.62 for a while.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Just a plain old 30.06 semi auto build. Used good KMP parts and was assembled by a well regarded builder.
Gosh pictures would really be nice. Is this built on an Israeli parts set? Does it have the Israeli modifications to trunnion or any Israeli markings on top cover or left side plate?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts