1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WTS: Vault door w/combo!!

havent offered this or posted it anywhere else..... not even on WG...

this thing is BIG(36" wide x 80" tall). its HEAVY (right at 1,000lbs). & ITS FIREPROOF!

this is full size with the adjustable frame for block or wood walls..

WE NOW HAVE THE COMBO!!

it is a 3 number style combo dial & it is a 1959 model. its rated for 1 hour of full on fire protection... but after you inspect the door you'll see why its gonna be way better than that.

this steel door has 1/8" Asbestos board on the inside rear & inside front walls of the door. its sealed/coated & not a dust risk (unless you would for some reason drill into it).

price is $750 (or trade for equivalent ammo/gun) if you come get it.. i'll get it on your truck or trailer. thats easy to do... ZIPCODE IS: 45619
yes i can meet someone somewhere & get it from truck to truck.....

turns out this is just too friggin big for what i wanted to use it for.

here's a couple pix & i'll get full length body shots of it tonite...:

IMAG0718.jpg
IMAG0719.jpg
IMAG0720.jpg
IMAG0722.jpg
IMAG0721.jpg

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
edited in the front & rear pix...

zipcode is 45619 but im right off of I-64 real easy to meet up with someone.

forgot to ad

its got an inside emergency release so you cant be locked in & 8 slide lock bars around it...

& that its dirty & could use a wash & clean. its got what looks to be mortar splash on it, at this price im not cleaning it. :D

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
sdk1968 SEZ: ".... i do not have the combo, but have contacted the old distributor in Indiana who told me that this was a simple combo change for any quality locksmith to handle."

"It's easy for ANYONE to do, and it makes it even easier by knowing it's a three number combination. Yes, any "quality" locksmith can do it too, if you've got the $$$ and want to get rid of those!

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gary,

yeah the guy out there gave me several emails of information & was very helpful... rotation directions, possible base combo's to try.....

& obviously i will print those out for whoever takes this.

if it was the other type of locking mechanism... he said i could have done it myself in about 15 mins... so naturally it wasnt. :-0

for this one you need that key.. which he says any locksmith has... my local locksmith said "bring it by & i'll take care of it"...

but im only gonna move this 1 more time & its gonna be onto someone else's truck or trailer.

thanks for da bump.

s

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
had a couple bites on this thing....

but everyone has had the exact same issue..... its just tooooo big for the existing hole they had. :D :jedicrying:

the inside the frame measurements are 36 x 80" thats the amount of space you need.

the outside the frame(flange) covers up to 42" x 84"

so thats the type of space your gonna need to use this.

someone plese give this a home so i can go shopping.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
We build shelters at work occasionally and use these and Mosler safe doors, the 42 x 84 kind. If it were closer Id have it. Shipping kills it for me. Good door, someone should get it. J

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks!

im just trying to get close to what i got in it back out....

saturday bump too!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WTS: Vault door w/combo!!

WE NOW HAVE THE COMBO FOR THIS DOOR!!

SOMEBODY GRAB IT !!

weekend bump!!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
still looking for a new home for this thing.....

& YES I HAVE THE COMBO!

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
I've been trying like $%ell to convince my buddy that he NEEDS this..... But the logistics are just too prohibitive.....:(
ABCB, If he really were your buddy you would pick it up at the Knob Creek show in October and deliver it to him. I'm sure Sean would have no problem bringing it to you there. :D
CaptMax

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ABCB: i really do have a good price on this for it now having the combo too... & yes knob creek delivery is possible.

CaptMax: thanks as always bud.

Rory: got your text & will call ya this afternoon. (1 ish?)

overall:

truly amazed that this is still available at this price... especially with the combo.

these things have been moving really fast anytime we see them & ive missed buying several as other people snapped them up.

the only reason for it lasting this long has to be that its just TOO big (as it turned out to be for me.)

the door condition is very good. while we had the back off we lubed it, encapsulated/sealed the inside of it & then even put all new SS screws on the inside plate when we put it back together.

obviously if you did a nice pretty install you would want to hit the outside with a new coat of paint.

will make a video of the unlocking sequence for the whoever gets it... & of course we have the combo written down.

s

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
& its SOLD..

thanks everybody!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
& its SOLD..

thanks everybody!
Glad you sold it.....I had my wife half talked into it this morning as we are building a new home and it would have made a great door to install in the basement vault.......and I'm only three hours away......that's what I get for "asking"!!!:jedicrying:

Oh well, again glad you got it sold.:D

·
Registered
475 Posts
ABCB, If he really were your buddy you would pick it up at the Knob Creek show in October and deliver it to him. I'm sure Sean would have no problem bringing it to you there. :D
CaptMax
Well.... maybe I should have said "a casual acquaintance" :rofl: And if I had to take the Chevy 3500HD to the Creek in the fall to pick this thing up, I'd be risking my CB status with amish-bob!!! He likes to take his naps in the smooth and roomy comfort of the Suburban while I drive.....:rolleyes:
Anyway, I'm glad to see it has sold!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts