1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WTS - WW2 FT37 No. 2 MK VII Barr & Stroud Rangefinder w/case used by Vickers MG crews

First used during World War I and in use until the end of World War II these Barr & Stroud range finders were graduated from 500 to 20,000 yards and were used by artillery crews, mortar crews and Vickers Heavy machine gunners.

This one is an original British Army rangefinder in particularly fine condition, all complete, with original green paint and two small brass plates, one giving the patents (French, Dutch and Indian) and the other the model name and British patent number, with the Ordnance broad arrow. It also comes with sling and carrying case as shown; this is probably the nicest one I have ever or will ever find.

The optics are functional but murky and will need cleaning and a service to be properly used. It comes with its correct fiber board carrying case. A very hard to find set up for less than half the price you will usually see them go for.

I am asking what I think is an extremely good price of $300 plus actual insured shipping to the buyer’s location for this rare item.

Please ask any questions before you say you will take it. First “I will take it”, followed up with a PM gets it. SOLD to ChadC - PAID & SHIPPED

Full View Rangefinder and Case.jpg DSC_3579.JPG DSC_3577.JPG DSC_3578.JPG DSC_3580.JPG DSC_3581.JPG

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice score, they're great RF's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts