1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
The Cutts Compensator does reduce the recoil, at least on my 12ga., and lets it be extremely loud -- you oughtta see the flash on my shorty at night. Folks without hearing protection move another 25' to 50' away from wherever they were. :hitwithrock:

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Original WWII U.S Thompson M1A. All original wartime military parts with a dummy receiver. This is the early M1928A1 version favored by the USMC during the Pacific campaigns, with original WWII lower and wood, complete with all its parts with functional trigger and mag release.

It has to be a M1A1 or a 1928A1, it can't be both.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Cutts Compensator does reduce the recoil, at least on my 12ga., and lets it be extremely loud -- you oughtta see the flash on my shorty at night. Folks without hearing protection move another 25' to 50' away from wherever they were. :hitwithrock:

Carry On!
Gary
><>
Seen them fired when I was in Kosovo a while back. You's be surprised how many are running around Bosnia, fully operational....as the farmers say " just to protect the animals..."....hahaha.

Saw a crate of FOUR, mint unissued WWII M1928as still wrapped up, buried under a pig feeder outside a farmouse near TF Falcon. Unbelievable. The farmer's father found them in the late 40's with parachute remnants still attached. What a story.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I am AWARE of that.

I have TWO uppers, The buyer can decide whichever one he wants on it, and I keep the other.

But THANK YOU for being a blue falcon!
Your ad was not clear on that point, pray tell, where in this ad of yours do you indicate you are offering two uppers? Your description is in the singular, not the plural.

Wts: Ww2 thompson m1a display submachine gun with Cutts compensator & many extras

Original WWII U.S Thompson M1A. All original wartime military parts with a dummy receiver. This is the early M1928A1 version favored by the USMC during the Pacific campaigns, with original WWII lower and wood, complete with all its parts with functional trigger and mag release.

* Upper is a solid dummy receiver ( 100% completely legal to own in CA). Correctly marked " AUTO ORDNANCE INDUSTRIES < BRIDGEPORT CONNECTICUT". Very well manufactured.

* Buttstock is an original wartime military stock with single-screw buttplate and cleaning rod chamber. It is marked S for SAVAGE. Forward wood grip is also stamped S inside the runner. Grip wood handle is also original WWII military. Overall, the wood is in remarkable shape.

* The barrel is in MINT condition, and it is the early ribbed version. It has a cherry Cutts compensator, with the pin loose if interested in changing to the fixed sight.

* It has the early LYMAN rear sight.

* It comes with an original undated Thompson "Kerr" khaki sling.

* Also comes with an original 5-cell original WW2 Thompson khaki pouch marked US and dated 1942.

* There is also a minty M1911A1 dual mag khaki pouch that comes with it.

* In addition, it also comes with a nice canvas carry case marked US and with NSN ( I believe the case is a replica of an original, which would be over $350 by itself).

* 1 20-rd SEYMOUR blued magazine

* 1 reprint of the WW2 Thompson manual dated 1942

* 1 WW2 U.S HBT combat tunic in excellent shape, size 43R with a 7th INF DIV patch

Overall, a nice, impressive WWII U.S Army display piece, guaranteed to complement or make any USMC or US Army wartime display all by itself.
Feel free to EM, text me or call with serious, pertinent questions. Can be shown by appt. in West San Mateo.

IMA is selling the dummy for $2K by itself. Serious inquiries only.

A super display of WW2 US ordnance. $1650 or B/O. (650) 430-4660 PM, or EM me directly at [email protected]

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
That's how I read the listing too.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
A little late to the party , but..........
M1 and '28 lowers are not the same . There is the machining for the drum ( or lack thereof ) , the machining for the buttstock style , the machining for the pistol grip style , and , most importantly , the curves cut at the rear to match up with the upper recievers profile .
Not to say the won't switch out , they will , but there is enough of a difference they shouldn't be .
Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts