1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Wow...pardon my cluelessness, but does "BA" marked add value to extractors specifically or all BMG parts generally? I'm going to take a look at my supply of extractors!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Wow...pardon my cluelessness, but does "BA" marked add value to extractors specifically or all BMG parts generally? I'm going to take a look at my supply of extractors!
Buffalo Arms parts can carry a higher premium along with Westinghouse, Remington, Rock Island Arsenal and Border City Industries parts. Really depends on the part type, a BA extractor might bring a little more than a Saginaw Gear extractor because of rarity. However a BA marked breech locking block will be around the same value that a SG would be. The WW1 manufactures always bring a higher premium because of rarity.

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
In this case the part was started by Westinghouse but either not completed or a component. When Buffalo Arms started gearing up for production they were given the govt tooling from Westinghouse and any left over components from When Westinghouse and Remington shut down production because even incomplete components were still govt property. The goal was to get Buffalo arms production up to speed quickly producing 1919a4s They took the incomplete components and finished or upgraded them to the current spec. Then added their production marks to show who did the work in case they were issues with those parts later. It would not surprise me if some of these parts were given to Buffalo Arms for arsenal work as spares. While Buffalo arms produced a
variety of the different models of Brownings they never produced any 1917a1s yet they did produce 17a1 topcovers as spares.

So guys trying to get an early Started in WW1 gun closer to true, its a good part, for other guys into the history of Buffalo arms these are good examples of them finishing parts to get the first production batches out the door.

·
Premium Member
5,222 Posts
WWI extractors had the longest shaft length then it was shortened slightly by WWII and then shortened a bit further after WWII so yes any WWI extractor will bring a premium because they have become hard to find and for a guy with a transferable C&R gun those will hold value.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
wow, i need to check my biscuit tin, i know i stil have a few dozen ww2 extractors put away oiled in a tin
question is now, were did i put it.....
i,m sure there wwre some long shaft extractors in there also, and a few rare marked one,s.... instead of S.G.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts