1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know during WW2 the brass shells were issued and it's one of the items I have been looking for,but what I have been trying to figure out and can't seem to find any pictures of is whether or not the cases were dated?
I have seen some brass cases at gun shows over the years but I have never seen a case that was dated,so if you know and if they did or if you have a picture I would appreciate seeing one.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I know during WW2 the brass shells were issued and it's one of the items I have been looking for,but what I have been trying to figure out and can't seem to find any pictures of is whether or not the cases were dated?
I have seen some brass cases at gun shows over the years but I have never seen a case that was dated,so if you know and if they did or if you have a picture I would appreciate seeing one.
I have a box of shells someplace. I'll try and find them and take a picture. from what I remember only the box was dated but I could be wrong.
Give me a few days to track it down and take some pictures.
Its missing one to 2 shells and has a few odd balls in the mix from a different manufacturer.
Box has seen better days that's for sure.

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate it,I spent a couple hours online looking through pictures and none that I could find showed any dates on the brass,but none of the boxes I saw were dated either. I'm trying to round out my WW2 cartridge collection and the brass 12 gauge case is one that I am missing,I found some on GB but I would like to get as authentic as possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts