1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, bought this to resell, and thought I would post on some of the gun boards before going to the big auction....
this is a really nice DWM made belt loader for the German MG08 & MG-08/15 maxim cloth belts. 8mm cal. Comes with the original wood crate, mounting brackets, and gauge for belts. Looking for $1695 Shipped in the
US, no sales outside the US. Tool Ammunition Auto part Carburetor Automotive engine part Tool accessory Wood Hardwood Wood stain Table Plywood Wood Table Hardwood Wood stain Floor

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Generally in decent condition but it appears in the pics of the drum that the outer row of small studs are missing that help to drive the belt and index the belt loops by entering the rivet holes of the steel fingers. There are reasons to remove all of the studs, for instance to load the Turkish metal belts which have no brass or steel fingers. Removing just the outer row is curious. Perhaps both sets of studs were not aligning correctly with the holes in the rivets, so one set was removed........ FWIW

·
Watercooled Addict
2,148 Posts
Its one of the turk modified ones ima had at one time. Also has the plate on end of drum to keep belts from sliding to the rear. Looks nice, but it will no longer load cloth maxim belts. It will load the heck out of turkish metal belts though!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Well, the studs can be replaced, of course. The Couple of Turk loaders I saw had both rows of studs removed, but I don't know if that was just those and others had. One row removed, or what.
Nice that it has the box and a few of the tools......

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, bought this to resell, and thought I would post on some of the gun boards before going to the big auction....
this is a really nice DWM made belt loader for the German MG08 & MG-08/15 maxim cloth belts. 8mm cal. Comes with the original wood crate, mounting brackets, and gauge for belts. Looking for $1695 Shipped in the

Is it still for sale?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts