4,289 Posts
ouch.

good to see ya Ryland...

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, she was a fine girl.

This was the plane that delivered toilet paper via low approach, Oklahoma Full Auto Shoot and Trade Show. She inadvertently avoided gunfire at Eden. We have been to the polar ice pack, Alaska, and the Devil's Triangle. She did donuts around the Statute of Liberty on numerous occasions. She passed yesterday N9887K

Bad day for an airplane.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
That hurts your heart. Same one that wind shear made you kiss the deck with then?

You may not feel lucky but someone sure wants keeps you on this side of the sod Ryland. Hope you remembered to thank him after walking away again.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Toe tags and wind shear

I can tell you this...........after removing my own toe-tag a few years ago, it's very difficult to ruin my day.

Ryland

·
Premium Member
6,911 Posts
Sorry to hear about your plane Ryland and as GSG said someone must be looking out for you in a big way. I can relate to what you have gone through over the years and have often wondered why I am still on this side of the dirt but trust me there is a reason for everything even when we don't know what that is. I know you had that for sometime and it is like loosing a friend.

·
Registered
965 Posts
My condolences. Assuming your were PIC, it seems like the landing was 'good enough'. Always sad to loose a faithful companion though, regardless of the 'why'.

Preaching to the choir, I'm sure.

B-D

·
BeltFed GURU
4,433 Posts
Ryland it is sad you lost a faithful steed :jedicrying: but once again you walked away and any landing you can walk away from is a good one !
You my friend have an unfilled purpose still in this world :D !!

Two ships and two "eggbeaters" one wet ,one dry has been my experience ,oh how i hate them :mad: even the sound of one ! And i was not even the "driver" on any of them !!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wasn't no bad landing

Nobody lands in a parking area without bending up the prop when the nose gear fails. Plane caught fire taxing or something. Why / how?

I ask cause I also have a very much loved plane - parked in my back yard hangar. Also powered by a O-320 Lyc.

Sorry for your loss and glad you got out OK.

118 Posts
Glad you are OK, and sorry :(

Insurance? Hang that pic in front of the passenger seat of your next plane. Paint one flaming wreckage on the hull next to 5 empty boxes waiting for more flaming wreckages to be added :)

Who buys a plane and wants to live a boring life? This is almost as good as a nasty scar. I hope you have insurance that can pay for a replacement. Either way, it sounds like she served you well in a very exciting journey around this part of the world.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Glad everyone came out OK. Curious as to what kind of plane it was -- and that's not really a parking lot, is it? I'd like to hear the 'rest of the story' !!!

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Mike told me about this, but I finally looked for myself. You can't make this stuff up. Errr... Is this going to put a damper on your trips into 'enemy territory' next summer?

Y'know, like it's been said, "if it wasn't for bad luck..."

Glad you're still kickin'...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts