1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think -- I still am trying to figure what to make of this -- I'm happier today! I received today in the mail a poorly packaged and slightly missdrilled RHSP -- no internals yet. It doesn't look the same, but it's a "real" plate. The postmark is severly smudged and I can make out only one letter of the postmark, the last letter of the state is, (edited) -- so, someone in a state ending in an, (edited) we all thank your for helping us restore our faith in the brotherhood of 1919a4.com/forums members. We also thank those of you in a state not ending in an (edited) letter that weren't involved but assisted in the discussion! I don't know if this was a "donation," or the real mistaken plate, but -- well -- socialolgists tell us that about 3% of the total US population is sociopathic, (without morals, but not PSYCHOPATHIC, with NO concience) I'm still awaiting the brass-topped oil can and internals ... no, keep the brass-spouted topped can if you wish, for your retribution of the plate, and I'll send you another if I have one, and will never divulge who I sent it to. I apreciate the plate and now hope to see another set of machined internals come back too. Then, the 1919 community, the "brotherhood" of the beltfed, can regain the other 1 1/2% designation of 100% normal! Sorry to all you guys who got caught up in my own personal distress -- everyone needs friends, though. Thanks.

CARRY on!
Gary

·
Registered
154 Posts
Wow,
Maybe their conscious got the better of them.. Or if it was a donation, how cool is that!? Way to go, to whomever sent the plate back! We are all really just friends here, even though that only some of us have met in person...we are all on a common interest level. It's great to know that so far this has been made good. :D

All in all it's really just a plate. But respect and reputation, amoung responsibility to your fellow brothern is WAAAAAY more valuable than a piece of steel.

Hopefully, you'll receive the internals soon!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts